greasy hair?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
i use shampoo for greasy hair.. but i dunno if it works.. i alternate different brands too, after each bottles finished so thats about 6-8 washes for me per bottle (charl n alex use the same)

just wondering if anyone has any tips? i shower my hair even if i have a bath.. lather up and leave the shampoo in my hair for about a min.. then rince.. i dont use conditioner..

Don't shampoo your hair so much. THAT is what causes greasiness.

Try shampooing every other day. Yes, it will get greasier in the beginning, but with time your scalp with adapt and it'll stop getting so greasy. Also, I've found using cold water works well too.

I know a lady who can go literally a week without washing her hair, and it's still perfectly fine. All she did was stop shampooing as often :)

o i wash it every other day as it is.. it needs it every day.. but i try not to

conditioners meant to be left in hair for abit a min init?

when i aply shampoo to my hair i rinse straight away :)

When you wash you hair try not to rub the roots too much as this stimulates oil production :D

Yeah, I think your main problem is you leave the shampoo in waaay too long.
Use very little shampoo, too. Only an amount the size of a grap.

OingoZoingo said:
I know a lady who can go literally a week without washing her hair, and it's still perfectly fine. All she did was stop shampooing as often :)

hve you been stalking me? :rotfl:

I only wash my hair once a week, and its fine - ive got very long hair so I find that by day 7 the roots are a little greasy but I could easily go longer without washing it and it would still be fine.

Its the same as earwax - the more you clean your ears the more wax you produce (yes I do clean my ears but only round the outside I never go wax hunting and never have excess wax)

I do shower more often then that tho lol

i HAVE to wash my hair everyday otherwise i feel like crap the rest of the day and get headaches, i have done so since i was about 12 i think,
my hairdresser says that i have amazing hair though.
good condition and everything.

eurgh the thought of not washing my hair makes me feel dirty

My hair is also very greasy and I need to wash daily (although sometimes I manage 2 days if I wear a big headband or a hat in the winter!) I am always changing shampoos and find alot of them make my hair worse as I've heard they leave a residue..
So I use childrens shampoo at the moment! 38p from Tesco :shock: Doesn't make my hair as greasy at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back