Greasy hair!

Urchin

Reaction score
Argh this is doing my head in now, I never used to get greasy hair, its a post pregnancy thing I guess. :?

I usually use the herbal essences greasy hair shampoo but it doesn't seem to be working, does anyone know anything better?

I've started using Dove shampoo and conditioner that's pretty good. My hair can normally be quite greasy :puke: but it doesn't get greasy at all with this.

No help im afraid, but my head is doing this to. Im having to wash it every day and it still resembles a chip pan after a few hours

Have you tried Head and Shoulders Citrus shampoo. Works ok for me. Aww, and always put conditioner only on the end bits of your hair. :hug:

Emma58 said:
I've started using Dove shampoo and conditioner that's pretty good. My hair can normally be quite greasy :puke: but it doesn't get greasy at all with this.

I'll second that!! DOve is great for everything, hair, skin, everything!! :)

I have always had greasy hair and have to wash it every day which is a pain in the mornings. I have recently bought myself some dry shampoo from boots for £2. It's good, you just spray your hair and brush it, if I'm having a day at home I use it but still wash it for days when i'm at work.

i didnt find my hair got greasy post-pregnancy but it has done with age, in my teens i only needed to wash my hair once a week and it wasnt even greasy at all- since i was about 23 i started noticing it looked slightly greasy around the roots at the front on like the 3rd day after washing. i havent found any particular shampoo's help, i just have to wash it more often, its every 2 days now, 3 days max.

I have the same problem and it's only been since Tom was born so must be a hormonal thing.
It's driving me mad though. I HAVE to wash it every day or it looks awful.
The only thing that seems to work at the moment is Pantene Clarifying Shampoo...
http://www.pantene.co.uk/haircare/class ... hampoo.php

I don't understand what's happened to 'Greasy Hair' Shampoos...nobody seems to make them any more.

When I had blonde hair I used talc...lightly dusted my head and rubbed it into the scalp...

A lot of greasiness is caused by over cleaning it... the scalp panics and thinks it needs to produce loads of oil... Try a really mild shampoo (like baby shampoo with camomile) or make a jug of camomile or/and rosemary tea... wash you hair, rinse and pour the tea over it afterwards... leave it to dry and wash it the next day or leave it a couple of hours later. It should calm the scalp and improve the condition of the hair...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back