Dying my hair after using 'Colour B4'?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
I used the 'Scott Cornwell's Colour B4 EXTRA' about 2/3 nights ago.
It turned my hair a ginger/brown colour so I bought an XXL Bright Blonde today, in hope that it will lighten my hair more for me to put a light colour on top (in a few days of course). But how soon after using the Colour B4 can I dye my hair with a permanent dye? It says on the box that semi-permanent is fine to use straight after but I know it's different for permanent because it can cause the hair to go black :shock: I certainly don't want black in my hair again.

Any advice?
I think I washed the colour B4 out very well, I rinsed my hair for at least 20 minutes in total, I used all of the buffer too.

Last edited:
hiya x ive used the color b4 a few times, what colour are u trying to achieve?

my word of warning - do not use the xxl!!! it will not lighten your hair at all..... my friend used it on her already light hair and ended up orange. ive also used it before on bleached hair and it just didnt do a thing.

i was a plum dark red, then used 2 lots of the strong colour b4, then used a permanent garnier nutrisse and finally got the result i wanted.

what colour are u at the moment, and what colour do u want to be? xxx

the best thing to do to lift your hair, is the lightenenr in a yellow and purple box from boots.... il try find a pic xx

I was looking at those B Blonde kits today, but I can't use them as I'm pregnant :(
I have no idea what colour I'm trying to achieve :lol: My hair at the moment is medium brown/ginger. I've bought a red/orange type colour as well xxx

well whatever u like the look of, pick a couple of shades lighter as it wil always go a little bit darker than on the box. when i did mine i wanted "rhianna red" hair so used 2 of the color b4's, then a lightner kit, and that took me from a dark plum/purple to a light gingery blonde colour.

i used colours straight after tho, although it does say to wait a few days to help replenish ur hair but your hair doesnt gain much from a couple of days. as long as u condition it will u will be fine.

i thought you could use bleach as long as u keep well ventilated? obv im no expert tho!!

the nutrisse colours are good because they are really conditioning, id stay well away from the xxl as they are full of silicone which coats ur hair if you use straighteners, and makes it almost impossible to remove at times, so colour just builds up and gets darker and darker.

if your wanting to stay a light brown colour then try a dark blonde with ash in it, that would go a light brown colour.... or if your wanting a bit of reddish colour maybe try nutrisse 5.3 - i used that and its a light brown with a reddish warmth in it xxx

I think the red dye I got is nutrisse :D
Because I don't want my hair to go black from the Colour B4, what I think I'll do is wash it one more time (maybe twice) and then put a dye on tomorrow, just to be sure my hair won't turn black xxx

i dont think it will go black, the colour might react a bit if you hadnt used the buffer or rinsed it for the time it says. when i did mine I literally washed the buffer out for 20mins, then dried my hair and then put the colour straight on! but it was darker than i wanted, not black at all but you will be a few shades darker than the colour on the box. and if it doesnt cover properly just use another colour, your hair might be pourous from the colour b4 so u might need 2 colours x

hope it goes well for u!! xxxx

it took me a year to go from black to blonde and i had orange hair for ages, just be careful hun that you dont weaken your hair too much. good luck

Thanks girls.
Well I used the whole bottle of buffer when I did the colour b4, and I rinsed for 20 minutes! Can still smell the horrible stuff in my hair but I had that smell linger for months after I did it last time, so I don't think it means the product is still in your hair completely xxx

No it's just because it's such a strong smell, my bf hates it cuz it stinks the whole house out :) xx

Let us know how it turns out :)

My boyfriend hates it too :p
I don't mind the smell now but when I first used it I was heaving!

Going to wash my hair soon, I might possibly put the dye on as well once my hair is dry but I'm not sure if I can be bothered yet :lol: xxx

Last edited:
Prob a bit late now but only just seen this thread.. only a hair lightners such as bleach products will lighten the hair. any other colour will just make it darker and darker and probably another colour on the roots. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back