My gorgeous munchkin Harry :) My body finally did something right!!!

I know Harry is just gorgeous but look how pretty Mummy is :lol:

xxxxxx

I never come into this section (dint feel bad as i text you but should look at some other mummys journdls :-/ ) don't know why but never got round to doing my own journal so don't think of checking this section

......anyways love the pics and Chlod is really jealouse of his pink weaning bib ;)

Going to have a nose at some of the other mummy's journal now, speak soon and hugs to that Georgouse little boy :) x

I thought I'd write an update as Harry will be 7 months tomorrow (OMG!) and I'll be away...

He's changing so much now, it's almost something different every day! He can pretty much sit up alone, although if he reaches for something he still topples over, he has drank a bit from his sippy cup by himself, he loves watching numtums, Baby Jake and abadabas, but the biggest thing is, God help us all - he's on the move! He can roll and has started dragging himself along the floor a bit. Basically if he wanted something at the other end of the room, it might take him a while, but he could get it! Needless to say we will be babyproofing everything now.... He's a real little person now who knows what he wants and cries when you take it away from him lol! He really is the light of my life and a smile from him still makes me happier than I thought I would ever be :)

As for my health,well still really crap and I'm still living at my parents all week but I have joined a gym and am forcing myself to go in the hope that it will help me in the long run, but my God does it take superhuman effort to go! And I'm so exhausted after it's unbelievable. I'm also doing a meditation course in a few weeks time so hoping that will help too at some point.

Some good news, touch wood - we have a buyer for a flat and have found a lovely little house about a mile from my parents so fx it will all go ahead as planned. Life will be a bit better when I don't have to live at my parents most of the time. I love them dearly but they drive me a bit mad at times and I just want my own space! Also, sometimes I worry that Harry will think my mum is his mum we spend so much time there!

Well that's it from me and I'll post some pics when I get back...

Love and hugs to all :) xxx

Last edited:
Hey hun,

He is growing up so much, looks like a proper little boy now no longer a baby.

Glad to hear ure still getting lots of support & trying different things. Fingers crossed ure flat goes thru & u get the house u want.

Xx

A few recent pics:

Harry posing!

model pic!.jpg

Harry weilding a sippy cup

beaker.jpg

And Harry watching TV in his jumperoo

jumperoo.jpg

xxx

aww so cute, how are you? I bet hes and handful learning to crawl into all sort of trouble.
Hope you are feeling brighter and things are going well
x Daisy

Finally an update - where does the time go? Usually I'm so bushed by the end of the day I can't face doing anything but slouching in front of the tv...

So, first Harry. What a little character he's turning into! :) He seems to be changing so much and he knows what he wants. He's started to do what looks like clapping, he's worked out how to get up fromlying to sitting, he's commando crawling but is trying to get up onto his hands and knees now, he's pulling himself up, although can't quite stand unsupported when he gets there so will face plant if we don't stop him, he loves That's Not My (monster,dragon etc) books and has started trying to turn the pages and goes straight to the touchy feely bits on the page. I just find it so amazing to watch him start to become a little person who can actually do things and respond to things I do. He still has a lot of grumpy days which I put down to teething/frustration/hot weather but on his happier days when he's all smiley and happy playing by himself or with us, he's such a joy :) Weaning is going ok but I'll be glad when it's over. He eats pretty much everything I give him, although sometimes he doesn't seem to be in the mood. I think his favourite foods are petit filous and stuff made with tomato like spag bol...

As for me, well struggling as always but coping just about with lots of help. I have something positive on the horizon to keep me going - fx will will be moving to our new house by next month with any luck. I just so need to move as at the moment I have to move backwards and forwards between living with my parents and home as I still can't manage Harry by myself. It's so unsettling and exhausting and I just want to have a permanent place to live. I'm hoping when I'm living near my parents I will be able to do a few more things like take Harry to a baby group and maybe I'll even build confidence in trying to cope with Harry on my own more.

Well that's it for now - can't believe Harry is 8 months on Monday! He's almost been outside as long as he was inside me! Excited to see what the next month will bring... xxx

ps pics coming soon but must go to bed now x

Last edited:
Few recent pics (the last pic is of his new trick where he blows a raspberry and rubs his hand up and down his mouth - so cute!!)

Basket.jpg

Garden smile.jpg

new trick.jpg

xx

ps we have had to lower the cotbed right down today as he's starting to try and pull himself up!!

Last edited:
aww so adoreable,
Hope you can settle down a bit and live nearer parents to give you some time to go out and explore groups and feel confident.

So glad things re ok and hes such a joy , well done you !
x Daisy

Thank you sweetie :) so lovely of you to come on here as it must be hard when you're so desperate for a LO yourself xxx

We really must lower the cot too!

Love the pic's. Sounds like Harry is coming along fab! x

Never seem to have energy to come on here much but it seems a shame not to be writing about how Harry is doing...

So, now he's crawling properly and getting faster by the day. He's such a little monkey and always heads straight for the thing he's not allowed :D He's also pulling himself up, mainly on us but also a bit on furniture, although he has had a few falls so needs a bit more practice. Still, it would be long now until he's walking I reckon! He also understands the word 'No!' now - I wonder why lol!

He's quite a serious little baba a lot of the time but he has his moments where he finds something funny and cracks up for ages and it's lovely. My mum seems to have the knack for making him laugh the most. Funny nana! :)

Weaning is going well and so far he's not been too fussy. He still moans every time we put him in his high chair but once he's started eating, as long as we feed him pretty quickly so he doesn't get bored, he eats pretty much everything I give him. I'm trying to fatten him up a little as had him weighed a couple of weeks ago and he's gone down to the 9th centile but HV wasn't worried as she said he's such an active boy. He really is - he doesn't stop for a minute! That's probably why he's been sleeping better so shouldn't complain!

As for me, well health has gone downhill a bit recently which sucks but I'm ticking over. Still holding on for our house move but no move date as yet. God, I really hope it happens as I'm sick of going backwards and forwards to my parents house...

That's it for now as bed is calling... Night :) xxx

Wowser, Harry is thriving!!!!

It is a credit to you hun.

xxxxx

Sorry your health is horrible at the moment it must make looking after such an active little man very tiring.
Good luck with the house.
x Daisy

Wow, 9 months now! Can't believe how quickly the times goes! Harry is doing really well although this past week we've had some teething/cold issues so he's gone off his food and milk quite a bit. He seems a bit better today, so hopefully we can get back to where we were with weaning before. We were doing so well and it feels like a step back.

It turns out he hadn't dropped a centile last time he was weighed but the HV put him down as 44, not 34 weeks, so he's always been in the 25th centile. Bit frustrating as I spent a whole month worrying he wasn't eating enough! I have learned my lesson and won't take the HV's word from now on...

Harry hasn't really made much progress since I last wrote - he's still crawling albeit quite fast now and he's still pulling up, although he seems a lot more steady on his feet and can even balance one handed sometimes. Soon it will be 'look at me, no hands mum!' I reckon :D He's just such fun and is constantly on the go and interested in everything. He's much happier than he used to be on the whole and it's lovely playing with him. My Dh has taken to crawling round the floor and chasing Harry, which Harry finds hilarious. He also likes it when I do this little piggy, and round and round the garden and that often gets a giggle :)

As for me, well ticking over but never great. The biggest thing that's happening right now is that we are (hopefully!) moving house this Wednesday. I say hopefully as we still haven't been able to exchange contracts due to some stupid solicitor who hates her job and won't send one email, but everything looks set to go apart from that. I really hope it happens as we are having to pack up everything this weekend so if it doesn't happen on Wed, don't know what we'll do as our life is in boxes! Very stressful!!!

I will post some pics of Harry shortly but need to download a few....

That's the 9 month update :) xxx

oh good luck with your move lovely, and happy 9 months.
xDaisy

Just wanted to say congratulations on the house move hun. Yay, at last! :) Did it all go ahead yesterday?? I guess you're busy unpacking boxes now!! :)

Thanks ladies :) yes, we have finally moved!!! Can't believe it's actually happened as it's been so long in the making. We are starting to get settled and a lot of the unpacking is done. I really like the house still (thank God!) although it needs more doing to it than we realised, though mostly cosmetic. It's so nice to have a bit more space - conservatory, garden, extra bedroom :) and I can finally child proof things and make Harry a proper nursery.

Harry is lovely as ever but such a monkey. He's starting to understand more things now, like when he picks up something he knows he shouldn't have and I say Haaarrryy is a funny voice and he runs away and laughs and tries to hide. It's so funny :D He is hard work though, especially at meal times and bath/nappy change times when he wiggles all over place and doesn't want to stay still, but most of the time he's so wonderful to be around. I need to look for a baby group to take him to as he hasn't been to one for a while and I need to meet some other mums too.

Anyway, will definitely upload some pics soon, but need to go and chill now...

Hugs to all xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back