My gorgeous munchkin Harry :) My body finally did something right!!!

Oh happy new house, its a new start and a chance to build a wonderful life. Yes get out there to meet other mums and babies. Aww so cute that hes turning into a proper little boy now. Lovely
Good luck hon it licking that house into shape and building a full and happy life in it.
xDaisy

Yay to your new house hun!

We're going to be making a move in the New Year... :shock:

Harry sounds like he is thriving... James is so willful these days, he knows what he wants and he wants what he wants!!

It is amazing that these little creatures weren't even here this time last year???

xxxxxx

Thanks guys :) Things are going well so far apart from the fact we have fleas in our carpets! (Previous owners had cats) We got a man in today to deal with them, so hopefully they will be gone soon. Not nice though! I have bites all over my legs! :(

I'm just going to have a self indulgent moment about how much I love my little Harry. He's such a lovely little boy. He's happy and smiley most of the time and so curious and interested in everything - he always wants to get involved in what we're doing and is so much fun to be around. Everyone who meets him says how lovely he is as he always smiles at strangers. I love hearing his laugh -it makes me feel so happy. And he's just so scrumptious I could eat him! He's such a little person now and I love watching him develop :) Sometimes I wish he would stay this age for ever as he's just so adorable and cute and funny, but then I have to try and get food into him or change his pooey bum while he wiggles around madly and then I'm not so sure....!!

Here's some recent pics in our new conservatory (I blame the mess entirely on Harry ;) )

Conservatory1.jpg

conservatory2.jpg

conservatory3.jpg

xxxx

He is just delicious !!! He is such a good looking boy (and look at all that hair!!!)

I am loving James at the moment, he is certainly a lot more willful but he's really started to become a little person.

It scares me to think soon my little man is going to be on the move properly, I am making the most of these final days when he is still relatively slow :lol:

It seems hard to remember a time that James was a little baby in my arms?

I am so 'present' with him that I rarely ever think about how he used to be or what he will be X amount of time down the line. I just take each day as it comes and enjoy my son. It is such a gift

xxxxxx

So, 10 months tomorrow! Harry is turning into a little boy now and not so much a baby, which is lovely and a bit sad too. He's so much more fun than when he was tiny and just used to lie there, but sometimes I miss that time too. I'm always looking at tiny babies when we're out in wonder and can't believe Harry was ever like that now! He's such an active little boy and always wants to get involved in everything I'm doing. If I'm eating, he wants some. If I'm holding something he wants it. He likes when I read to him, he bounces up and down to music and claps his hands (that must be instinctual as I didn't teach him to!), he still loves to stick everything in his mouth and screams his head off when we take something away from him. He loves dogs and cats and always cranes to see them as we pass them in the push chair.

What else, it's so hard to remember when I try to sum up - I should make a note every day. Ok, so he's started to stand for a few seconds on his own and just today he stood on his own and lifted both his hands in the air, almost triumphantly, like saying look at what I can do!! Also today he made use laugh by grabbing a rice cake from a 20 month old girl, even though he already had one! Monkey! He is such a monkey a lot of the time and still doesn't like getting dressed, having his bum changed, being put in his high chair, having his face cleaned etc and all of the these things are a real fight (which I always win - when will he learn that?!)

Anyway, he's doing really well on the whole. This past week has been difficult as I think he's teething (still no teeth!) as he's been having screamathons and 4 in the morning for hours (we're all knackered!) off his food and having massive bum explosions. Wish he'd just get some bloody teeth to show for it!

As for me, well things are never easy, but I'm ok at the moment. Settling into our new home, though the fleas still aren't quite gone, 3 weeks later. Hopefully soon! I've taken Harry to a play group at a local children's centre which is nice for him and good to meet other mums for me. I'm trying a musical/sensory group on Tuesday as think he will love that. It's a big effort for me, but I really want to get out for both our sakes.

Phew! Guess that's it for now - monthly update over :) xxx

Happy 10 months Harry!

Yep time is officially flying, and I do not like it.

Wish I could hit the "pause" button sometimes.

James is the dame, he hates being changed / cleaned / dressed / put in any kind of chair (he will go in the bath and in his pram OK though).

He also hates being told "no" :shock:

I didn't enjoy the newborn phase so much, I felt out of my depth but I look back at piccies and I can't believe how teeny and helpless my little monster was.

We've done well Claire, we've had these little men for nearly a year now and they are thriving!

xxxxxxxx

Oh my goodness, what a cute little monkey Harry has grown in to! Lovely pictures hun and Happy 10 months Harry! :pompom: :pompom:

Sorry I've not been in here for a while, I'm a slacker I know but that you for all your lovely comments in my journal, you have always been there for me since the beginning :)

Hope your flea situation has improved? That must be a right mission to sort out.
I bet all the extra space is a godsend though eh?

Lots of love to you xxx

Thanks Timtam :) Don't worry I know you've had a lot on your plate and tbh I don't write in here that much anyway. It's mainly monthly updates really as too knackered to do much else...

Our fleas seem to be on the way out touch wood, but it's taken nearly a month to get rid of them! I really hope they're gone for good this time! I just can't wait to get all the carpets cleaned so Harry can crawl where he likes as the poor thing is stuck in the front room all the time atm! Yeah, it's good to have extra space, although somehow we always seem to find things to fill it!

Look forward to reading your parenting journal before too long :) lots of love to you and tiny timtam xx

Happy 10 months, what a cute little lad he is. Good luck with the new group. well done you.
x Daisy

The monkey!

Monkey1.jpg

Monkey2.jpg

monkey3.jpg

He really looks like a little boy now sometimes :) it's only when he's in his babygrow, with his dummy or bottle that he really looks like a baby to me now. He's a little character and knows his own mind. He has his own way of doing things and is quite independent - not clingy at all (although sometimes I wish he was a little more!) Went to a baby singing group the other day and he was the only baby who wouldn't stay sitting with me during the songs plus he was the only one who screamed his head off when they took the toys away at the end of the songs! Definitely the monkeyiest monkey in monkey town :D

Going through a difficult stage still, where everything's a fight and also think he's teething/has a cold or God knows, but he's so funny and brings lots of laughter to our lives :) love him so much xxxxxxxx

Just wanted to write about my lovely Harry as I'm just getting so much pleasure from him right now:) He's having a tough time with teething and he's finally got 2 teeth coming through in the last couple of weeks, but all the time I still can't believe I'm mummy to such a gorgeous perfect little boy :D

He looks like he's going to take his first proper steps any time now as he's already made a few mini half steps when he's been standing. He loves playing much more than he used to and he laughs a lot more too which is my favourite thing ever! The other lovely thing is he's become a bit more clingy to me (see my previous post!)which makes me feel really special and wanted. Even when my parents who are his second carers look after him, he sometimes moans when I leave the room and when I've left him at nursery or with a friend to go to the loo he cries until I come back! Of course I don't want him to be unhappy but it is kind of nice knowing he knows I'm his mummy :)

He had his first hair cut the other day as it was looking a bit wispy and tangled but think he wiggled a bit too much and he didn't like it at all, so I'm not sure it turned out quite how it was supposed to! Still, it does look better on the whole. Will post a pic soon...

As for me, well I'm still struggling with my health as ever, but it's little easier with my parents being so close and it's enabling me to get out, make friends and do a little more. Also, we are putting Harry in a nursery for one afternoon a week (all we can afford!) so it gives us all a break and Harry a chance to mix with other kids.

AND, my DH and me are getting away for a night on our own on Monday night! It'll be our first night 'off' since Harry was born. He's staying with my folks so not too worried about him and just really looking forward a bit of time with DH and a lie in!

Ok, that's it for now, but can't believe Harry will be one in a few weeks time! What was I doing this time last year?! Feeling bloody uncomfortable that's for sure! xxxxxxxx

Wow Ceebee it's almost a year already! He's growing up into a gorgeous little boy :)
Hope you have a fab time with your oh just you two, you've earnt it! :)

Happy belated 11 months to Harry.

I cannot believe we have babies that are soon to be one :shock: :shock:

How are you feeling about it??? I was super emotional at his 9 and 10 month "anniversary" but I am not feeling as sad about it now??

Do you have anything planned for the big day?

James was a very late teether, he has 6 now and two more I can see.

I totally understand what you mean about the clingyness. James is such an independent baby so him actually wanting me is such a treat. He puts his arms out to me, crawls across the room to me and cries when I leave the room. It sounds mean but I love that he has finally acknowledged me :lol:

We're nowhere near walking yet, in fact James face planted today as he let go of what he was holding on to. He does plenty of cruising now though.

I can only imagine how tough it's been with your health issues but you are doing amazingly Claire, you should be very proud of yourself.

Enjoy your night of respite !!!

xxxxxxxx

Happy belated 11 months to James too hon! I don't come on here much these days so sorry if I forget... I feel sad and excited about Harry getting older at the same time. Sad he's more a little boy than my baba now, although when he's upset or sleepy or having his bottle he's still my baba :) But also excited about what his new developments will be. Can't wait until he can actually communicate better although I'm less enthousiastic about him walking - you should enjoy James reluctance to walk while you can - I would happily put off the walking for a bit longer if I could!
Ah thanks for saying I should be proud - I am, but also I am very lucky to have a family/DH who support me so much and enable me to have a more fulfilling life despite the struggles I face. I feel more positive at the moment long may it last!
Yes, we have to enjoy those mummy cuddles while we can - hopefully we'll get a few more before they get to 'grown up' to want to hug their mummys :D
As for Harry's birthday it's just close family really as we don't have the space or money for a big do. How about you? I want to make Harry's birthday fun for him even if he doesn't understand why, so trying to think of things he would enjoy, like taking him to a baby gym... xx

Wow Ceebee it's almost a year already! He's growing up into a gorgeous little boy :)
Hope you have a fab time with your oh just you two, you've earnt it! :)

Thanks honey on both counts :) Can't wait for a bit of time off! xxx

Hi Lovely , its fab comming to your journal to see how much your boy has grown and how much you love him . Im so glad that the move and being close to parent means that you can be fully supported and he gets to have a lots of adults who love him around him. What an amazing year!

Heres to a fab lie in tues morning! Happy week not long now until birthdays!! amazing and wonderful how far youve come.
love Daisy

I decided against a big party (immediate family is still 24 people :shock:) so on the day we're going to London Zoo. Or London Aquarium if it's a wet day. Then a nice dinner and some champers in the evening as it is OH's Birthday too.

On the Saturday we'll see my side of the family for Birthday cake and on the Sunday OH's Dad will do dinner for his lot and we'll do another cake there.

Since I decided nothing too OTT I feel much less stressed.

James is trouble enough without being able to walk so I am in no hurry :roll:

xxxxx

Just a quick pre birthday update. We have been going through teething hell with Harry the past few weeks. Runny nose, diarrhoea, nappy rash and then high temperature last week, all culminating in a very grumpy boy who wasn't sleeping or eating well. I was nearly at the end of my tether last week with it all. Thank God, he seemed to turn a corner at the weekend and is now like a different baby (plus he has 3 teeth now!) - he's so smiley and happy and fun to be with - LONG MAY IT LAST!!!!
We are off to Norfolk to see DH's family at the weekend and we will be having a little party there and then the following weekend we will be having a mini party at my parents (it will be a joint party as it's my sis and dad's birthday in Nov too, but Harry's will be the most important lol) and on his birthday I will be taking him to a baby gym which I'm sure he'll enjoy...
Here's a photo from a couple of weeks ago after his first hair cut - need to take a few more, especially of his teeth - I call him 'toofy toof' now as he looks so funny with teeth to me after him being my gummy bear for so long! Will have more photos after his birthday I'm sure!
Haircut.jpg

xxx

Last edited:
"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to gorgeous Harry, Happy Birthday to you"

Happy first ever Birthday to little Harry.

Lots of love to you all

xxxxxxxxxx

So my lovely little Harry turned 1 today! :) Even though I knew it was coming I still can't quite believe it. I keep thinking about what I was doing this time last year...!! He had a nice birthday despite a streaming cold and a cough - we went to the play gym and he seemed to enjoy it, although he was a little clingy and still a bit small for lots of the things there.

He's really been changing a lot over the last few weeks and seems to understand more. He points at things, sometimes with both fingers, waves at everything (except when he's supposed to wave!) and has taken his first few steps on his own, gaining confidence all the time :) I really enjoy playing with him and he keeps a smile on my face a lot of the time, although I am slightly dreading when he can walk properly!

Anyway, I wrote something for him that I will show him in years to come, but thought I would post in here too as it expresses some of my feelings for him, although it's so hard to put the love I feel for him into words - you mummys will understand!

"To my gorgeous Harry on your 1st birthday

I know you can't understand me but I wanted to write something down for you to read in years to come, so you know how special you are to me and how much I love you.

You are my handsome son. Even now, a year after you were born, I often look at you in wonderment. How can I be mummy to this perfect being, a little person who's starting to understand more and more about the world.

It's so amazing to watch to develop and I'm so happy that you've started to recognise me as your mummy. When I haven't seen you for a while, you always give me your beautiful smile when I come into the room, looking so pleased to see me, it fills me with joy and makes my heart sing.

My biggest pleasure in life is seeing you smile and when you laugh, I forget all my worries and laugh right along with you – it brings me happiness I could never have imagined!

There's so many things I love about you my darling (everything!) but I will only write a few examples down now.

Your never ending curiosity, always looking, exploring with your hands, turning something this way and that, before putting it in your mouth – you have to see how it tastes of course!

Your little noises, exclamations and sighs which are the running commentary you provide to our day. Your conversations with yourself, which surely makes sense to you and which often sound like real words to me (Yay! Dad! Tea! You do love drinking tea!) How soon before I get to speak to you my lovely boy and have you speak real words back?! I can't wait for that!

Meal times are funny too – your little foot sticking out of the high chair, usually the left one. I love the way you examine a piece of food before you eat, waving it around, turning it over, squishing it, before finally deciding to taste it!

Your constant wiggle – always on the move. You can't sit still even when you're having your bottle, a little hand or foot tapping away. So much wiggling to do, so little time!

And now my baby is growing into a big boy. How did that year pass so quickly? The most wonderful year ever!

Part of me doesn't want you to ever grow up, you're so cute and cuddly. I can always go to you, pick you up whenever I want and cover your gorgeous little face with kisses. You will only be a baby for a short time more and I will miss your smiling innocence, your constant babble, your pudgy, ever moving hands, even your sweet little cry, the way you look up at me with your big, brown eyes, plus all the other gestures you make, the new pointing,(often with both fingers at the same time) the waving at everything, the wibble wibble noise you make with your hand and so many other things it's impossible to say!

But on the other hand, I really want to talk to you and have you talk back, to watch you learn, to teach you, to be able to take you to places you're still too young to enjoy. So I'm excited for the future. As long as you are there with me my darling Harry, I can face whatever life throws at me. You are my biggest joy and I love you more than all the words in the would can say.

Love you forever

Your mummy
15th November 2013"

Happy birthday my darling Harry!!! xxxxxxxx

ps pics coming later xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads