My gorgeous munchkin Harry :) My body finally did something right!!!

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

My wonderful baby son Harry James was born on 15th Nov at 10.34am after 10 hours of labour weighing 7lbs 11oz :D. His weight came as quite a surprise to us all as my bump was pretty small and I even had a growth scan at 34 weeks as I was measuring small! Not sure where he was hiding in there, but we had to chuck out the tiny baby clothes we bought for him and some of the newborn ones didn't fit him either!

As some of you know, I have chronic health problems (chronic fatigue,food intolerances and generally feeling yuck for no apparent reason!) and my pregnancy was really difficult. The first trimester I had awful morning sickness and the rest of the time I felt really fatigued and generally unwell - alot worse that I felt before pregnancy.

Since giving birth, my health seems to have improved a bit touch wood, so really hoping that will continue as it means I am able to look after and enjoy Harry so much more :). I feel so grateful that even though my body seems to let me down in so many ways a lot of the time in the past, I managed to concieve and give birth to the most perfect,healthy little boy. He really is a gorgeous, lively little man who gives us so much pleasure :) I swear I haven't felt so happy in ages and we laugh a lot too at his funny little expressions and noises! My husband is absolutely besotted with him and I think it has brought us even closer - he keeps thanking me for giving him the best present ever and has been even more affectionate since Harry was born!!

I am feeling slightly less overwhelmed than I was a week ago, but there still doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to look after Harry, myself and catch up on lost sleep, but on the whole I feel I'm doing pretty well. I'm also managing to breast feed, which is really challenging (especially as he constantly falls asleep), but Harry already gone up to 8lbs (he was weighed yesterday)so I must be doing something right! My DH is still at home, so not looking forward to when he goes back to work next week, but will cross that bridge when I come to it I guess...

Anyway, I thought I'd try and find the time to keep a journal just to record all the little moments that I will probably forget if I don't write them down. Hopefully Harry will give me a little time every day to do this!

Still can't quite believe I'm a mummy but it's starting to sink in a little now! Hope you enjoy reading about my journey learning about how to do the most important job in the world! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps Will post some pics very soon.... xxx

Yay to starting a Mummy journal sweetie!!!

I know I have already congratulated you but well done missy - it was all worth it in the end hey???

I was almost right when I said you'd have baby before me LOL, and Harry's birthweight was just amazing.... where was he hiding that???

I'll be keeping an eye on this journal, our little men are only a day apart!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yay to your journal huni, look forward to sharing another journey with you xx

Hi Lovely
Im so pleased for you and look forward to reading all about your new life.
x Daisy

A few choice pics :)

bear and cardi.jpg

Bunny ears.jpg

oooh.jpg

Pirate.jpg

One of the things that makes us laugh so much is Harry's facial expressions and there's a couple of his favourites in the pics above :) When he's hungry and he's rooting, he does this sort of pirate face, like in the bottom pic and sometimes he seems to be saying 'ooooh' like the in the one with my MIL :D Do other babies make funny faces??

Harry seems to be having crying sessions where it's really hard to calm him down. We try feeding him,changing him, winding him, cuddling him, rocking him, we've given him dummies, put him in a baby bouncer, but sometimes he just won't calm down. He also seems to have about 3 hours a night where we just can't settle him - last night it was from 2.45 - 6am - fun!! Hope he grows out of this night waking soon...!

Breast feeding is going ok, but sometimes he doesn't take much at all, which means he wakes up not long later and wants more, which can be very tiring and frustrating. It can be stressful as I feel a lot of pressure that it's down to me to feed him and often he wants feeding when I want to feed myself/have a shower/catch up on sleep myself etc. Sometimes I'm not sure how I feel about breast feeding as it's so demanding/exhausting, but I've decided to try and give it 6 weeks before I make any decisions. I do think I would miss it a bit though as he looks so sweet when he's breast feeding :)

My health has gone downhill since yesterday unfortunately, but having Harry here makes life seem happier, even when I'm not well :) He's so amazing and I love him so much :)

Think that's it for today... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gorgeous pictures love the one with MIL! Sorry to hear you arent feeling to well.
Take care you
x Daisy

He is just gorgous!!

How are you getting on? Is he still unsettled?

Sounds like my LO and she has colic - not nice at all xx

He is just gorgous!!

How are you getting on? Is he still unsettled?

Sounds like my LO and she has colic - not nice at all xx

I don't think he's got colic - just being grouchy! I've found rocking him in my arms helps... Hope your LO is better? xxx

So, DH has gone back to work today which I've been dreading, but so far it's not been too bad touch wood. Quite proud that I've manage to feed and change Harry a couple of times so far, have a shower, have breakfast and express some milk! Harry is now sleeping so have a moment to sit down, but it does feel quite manic! I've found the vibrating bouncy chair and a dummy a Godsend as he seems alright in there for a little while so I can look after myself a bit...

Already I can't imagine life without my little Harry and when he sleeps, although it's nice to have a break, I miss him and love seeing his little face when he wakes up, even if it's the middle of the night! My health is still pretty crap, but somehow Harry can still make me smile and even laugh and DH has been so encouraging too....

Harry seems to smile in his sleep at the moment, but not sure if it's just wind??! Can't wait to see him smiling at me :D xxxxxxxxx

i was dreading the first day alone too, but you are doing brilliant! even have a shower!!!! i still didnt venture in the shower while alone with her and she is soon 3 months old lol.

amelie loves vibrations too and it was an absolutely Godsend when she was that little. lucky me i have a big moses basket with vibrations and thats how we survived the first 3 weeks...

there is nth more rewarding than see them smile at you. they are still bloody work but its somehow more bearable when they see you and smile at you :love: i absolutely love amelie's gummy smiles lol.

i was dreading the first day alone too, but you are doing brilliant! even have a shower!!!! i still didnt venture in the shower while alone with her and she is soon 3 months old lol.

amelie loves vibrations too and it was an absolutely Godsend when she was that little. lucky me i have a big moses basket with vibrations and thats how we survived the first 3 weeks...

there is nth more rewarding than see them smile at you. they are still bloody work but its somehow more bearable when they see you and smile at you :love: i absolutely love amelie's gummy smiles lol.

thanks hon :) that moses basket sounds great! Hopefully not long now til Harry's first real smile xxx

it took Amelie almost 6 weeks for a real social smile on demand but they usually smile randomly at around 4 weeks :) just rarely on demand that early.
it will not be long now :)

it took Amelie almost 6 weeks for a real social smile on demand but they usually smile randomly at around 4 weeks :) just rarely on demand that early.
it will not be long now :)

Can't wait!! :) By the way, love the name Amelie - the film is one of my favourite films ever! xxx

The pics are gorg hun, he's a beauty. Archie does the 'ooooh' face when he's weeing lol! How you getting on with him being unsettled? Have you tried anything I.e. infacol, colief? Hope your all well xx

The pics are gorg hun, he's a beauty. Archie does the 'ooooh' face when he's weeing lol! How you getting on with him being unsettled? Have you tried anything I.e. infacol, colief? Hope your all well xx

Aw, thanks :) I think he's gorgeous, but am a bit biased ;) They do make some funny faces don't they! He just seems to cry a lot, but don't get the impression he's in discomfort, just grouchy? I might try infacol if it carries on I guess... We're all doing ok mostly, just knackered! Hope all is good with you and with reply to your fb message when I get a mo :) xx

I have managed to get out the last couple of days, which has been exhausting, but feels like a real achievement! Yesterday we went for our first walk on our own and I felt so proud of myself! And today we went to a 'breast feeding cafe' which helped me with a few issues I've been having (one of my boobs isn't as full as the other one and that was worrying me and also I haven't been able to express much milk) I feel more reassured anyway :) Have also done my back and shoulder in wrestling with the pram/car seat, but hopefully this will get easier with time!

Apart from that, Harry is still grouchy and cries quite a bit - don't know how you tell if it's colic? Still, those moments when he's all sweet and just looks at me make me feel so happy :) Anyway, he's just woken up, so feeding duties call... :) xxxx

Here is some info on colic hun http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Colic/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I looked this up the other day thinking James may have colic... he doesn't, he just likes to scream :shock: sadly James doesn't have a whimper or a cry he is either docile (70% of the time) or he has the most pitiful, heartbreaking scream that sounds like he is being murdered!

I am glad you've been getting out and about, I feel so much more human when I get us both dressed and out the door. Although all I have done when I go out is buy the little one stuff :lol:

xxxxx

Here is some info on colic hun http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Colic/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I looked this up the other day thinking James may have colic... he doesn't, he just likes to scream :shock: sadly James doesn't have a whimper or a cry he is either docile (70% of the time) or he has the most pitiful, heartbreaking scream that sounds like he is being murdered!

I am glad you've been getting out and about, I feel so much more human when I get us both dressed and out the door. Although all I have done when I go out is buy the little one stuff :lol:

xxxxx

Thanks for that hon :) I don't think Harry has colic as he doesn't cry for long periods and we can soothe him, but he does seem to cry a lot for no apparent reason! He can be sitting there quite peacefully and then the next minute starts screaming and I've no idea why?! It's pretty hard to deal with as you feel like you should be doing something but don't know what that is!

Yeah, getting out is good - I've only managed 2 solo outings so far - it would help if we didn't live up 4 flights of stairs - such a mission! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back