My first OPK (unreasonable excitement!)!!

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,
well, as I can't TTC this month due to an immunisation, I have decided to get in tune with when I ovulate.
My 2 cycles since coming off the pill have been 42 days and 42 days! (there's nothing like consistency, even if it is very long!).
So I ordered some ebay OPKs (£8.99 for 50 and they look really proffessional!) and did my first one yesterday!
Think I'm on CD18 or something. It was a negative, but that's cool. if this cycle is the same as the last I shouldn't expect a positive for 8-10days yet. It was just nice and comforting to see the control line come up. Nothing like peeing-on-a stick to make you feel better!! Think it's cause even though I can't TTC, I don't feel like I'm wasting my time.
Anyway, bit of a pointless post, but I just wanted to tell someone.
Anyone else use opks and have you found them useful?
xxx

I know how you feel KJ. Maybe all this charting and peeing on sticks is too much but I feel like I'm actively doing something and it makes you feel better - less in the dark about everything. I was totally stoked this month when I managed to detect ovulation! :lol:

Sorry to hear you can't try this month. Have fun with the peesticks!

Becs

I've found OPKs to be very helpful so far, as my temp does seem to give that much of a shift ...I was also very excited to get my positive OPK this month. I think thats mainly because last month i was using ebay OPKs and wasn't sure I was reading it correctly (was the line dark enough to be pos or not) so this month when i thought it was pos on the ebay sticks I confirmed it with a digital clearblue.....hurrah for the smiley face, made me much more confident about what i was doing.

Good luck when you start TTC again

i got perfect opk , perfect temps and perfect bd timing with using ff / this site for last month . but i think it made it worse when i then didnt conceive as i thought everything was perfect and i should have ;(

have fun on your month off , and good luck in jan !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back