OPK v. Charting

Clarebo

Reaction score
This is the first month I have tried charting BBT. Before I more or less relied on OPK's, so when I saw a positive one, I would keep on testing for another few days until the OPK was negative. Needless to say we would then BD like billio, then after that, take a bit of a BD break.
So this time round I am charting, and OPK'ing as well. Early last week I had positive OPKs for 2 days in a row, but my charting did not indicate that I was ovulating. It is only in the past few days that my charts show that I have just O'd.
I know from the Toni W book that the OPK's aren't always reliable, and your body can gear up to O but not actually O when you think you will.
I suppose what I'm trying to say in a long winded way is in the future I am not going to rely on the OPKs as I have been doing because (for me anyway) they are not reliable! Am hoping this is what I've been doing wrong since I've started TTC!

I feel that charting is the only way that you can feel totally in control.

The DH and I were saying last night about how we had totally trusted the method explained by Toni W. Perhaps we were too trusting but we believed everything she said.

She was completely right. We managed to avoid a baby for a whole year using her method, and then when we were ready to actually go for it, I knew exactly when I would be ovulating and it worked first time.

"Taking charge of your fertility" is a must have bible for all women I think.

I agree it is a bible, i started chart bbt before i read the book but i think charting you bbt and cm is the best you can do. I only charted temp last month and was unsucessful so this month i did both and i am really hopeful that i bd on the right days! Will let you know!

Baby dust to all

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back