Emergancy Dentist

Jade89

Reaction score
I need to go and see an emergancy dentist because I have got a hole in my tooth and it needs filling because it's really painful, and I don't have a regular dentist...

Pregnant women recieve free treatment don't we?

So what proof do I need to take with me that i'm pregnant? Because my midwife never gave me a matB1 (or whatever they are called) maternity thing... :?

hey hon,

your doctors surgery will give you a prescription charge exemption form to fill in or equivalent document. This can be done on the day and you will be sent a plastic card that you can show pharmacists. This also entitles you to free dental work. In most cases however if you aren't already registered with an NHS dentist, there are very few that will take you on for the 'free' treatment as they will most probably want you to pay for the initial check up first.

I have had a nightmare with my gums bleeding and phoned heaps of local NHS dentists and none of them would take me on.

Have a look in your local yellow pages or a root around on the internet to see if anyone will take you on.

Good luck

Angelfairy
Xxx

I would say at 39 weeks it must be obvious that your preggers hun, what more proof do they need? :hug: xxx

wether you're showing or not you still need to get a maternity exemption card as itshows that the nhs are willing to pay for you

hun if you cant get a dentist they should give you a number to phone who will then find you a nhs dentist as close as possible who is at least willing to treat you once for your emergency good luck xxx

I don't know whats its like in your area but I too needed an emergency filling after having excruciating pain at 34 weeks and not one dentist would see me even as an emergency and the emergency dentist at the hospital put in a crappy temp filling that fell out and crumbled really quickly.

I eventually had to get an emergency appt with a private dentist and pay for it which was really expensive but I couldn't cope with the pain anymore. When they saw it, it was really badly infected too and I ended up on antibiotics and strong painkillers. I didn't like having to do that when I was pregnant so try not to leave it too long!

Tan x

The emergency dentist is attached the Hanley health care centre but they may charge you for an emergency appointment if you aren't registered with the NHS.... :( Wolstanton dentists ( by the post office) was taking on NHS patients until recently..

You could also ring NHS direct to get a list of NHS dentists taking on new patients in the area but again if you need treatment asap they may take you on but expect you to pay for this intiial appointment.....

Lyndsey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back