Dreading the dentist tomorrow!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
I haven't been to the dentist for over a year now!!! It is not worth my while when every time I put my toothbrush in my mouth I gag during pregnancy. Bearing in mind prior to this pregnancy, I was practically pregnant (or suffering with sadness due to the 2 mmc's) for another 10 months- I have not seen the dentist for ages!

My fear is - as a result of gagging when so much as a toothbrush has come near to me, although I do brush every morning an night- I know I have not been dedicating the full 2 minutes to my teeth and gums that I should. My gums bleed every time I brush now.

In the past I have always been pretty good with my teeth. At the age of 31 I still only have 1 filling, which was from when I was pregnant with Imogen and my dentist explained that it was probably because she took my calcium from me. But this time, I can just feel that not only do I obviously have gum disease (bleeding gums) but that I'm going to have to have more fillings! I am going to be devastated! :-(

On top of that - how embarrassing will it be when he comes anywhere near my mouth with his dentist tools and I gag constantly! I will be walking away with a red shame face I just know it!

Aaawww hun I am sure the dentist has had worse women than you gagging in his lap lol. As for the bleeding gums it doesn't always mean gum disease, it's a natural symptom of pregnancy as the gums recede due to increased blood supply, they should go back to normal after your little treasure is here. As long as you've followed good hygiene it shouldn't be a problem.

Try not to stress and good luck. I've not been to the dentist for about 2 years and have no intention of going tbh. After my brace and several very traumatic teeth removals (it's the only time I've ever been told my gob is too small lmao) I'd rather they all fall out so I can have dentures :D xxxxxxxxxxx

pmsl bb. im the same i hate the dentist. im not going unless im in severe pain. xxxxxx

im sure the dentist will understand, if not at least u can blame ur hormones when u punch him hahaa xxxxx

I was like this before I was pregnant cleaning ma teeth is a mission cos I just wana be sick even more so if I touch the roof of my mouth or tongue bleurgh so its even more a mission now its awful having to clean ur teeth over the toilet just in case lol

For this reason I never saw a dentist for year and when I did he just didny have the patience for anxious people and I fell out with him he sent me to hospital to get the tooth and roots out that needed to come out. I was then referred to a community dentist for restoration work and any fillings I needed which was done under laughing gas (brilliant stuff heehee) then that dentist retired and they passed me on to final year dental students. I was adamant I wanted gas to have treatment but omg he put me so at ease had treatment done with no gas and no problem whatsoever.

No word of a lie girls - I have just dressed up and put a whole face of make up on to go to the dentists. I decided that if I had to be shamed, I may as well do it looking a little bit glam rather than waynetta the slob! At least when he tells me I am a revolting specimen who needs 300 fillings - I can walk away feeling a little bit of dignity that my teeth may be ruined, but at least for a whale- I look bloody good! (That is until he makes me Cry and my mascara stains my face and I look worse than I would have done with no Make up on!) lol!!!

Fiancé has decided to take me out for lunch before to try to stop me worrying! Guess I'll have to skip the double chocolate pudding an take an apple in my bag with me instead though! Xxx

Why cut out the pudding? You're getting your teeth cleaned soon lol. Let him work for his money :D

And there's nothing wrong with a bit of war paint until like you say you look more like Alice Cooper than Claudia Schiffer lol. Good luck hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck

me and dentists don't have a great resolution and I have the same gagging issue except 80% of the time I actually throw up :( I normally have sedation at dentist but since being pregnant it's not been an option

Good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed it all goes ok for you and you don't end up looking like a KISS band member!

hey at least you don't have to pay for the torture for now! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back