My doppler!! How long did it take you guys to get something?

poppy160

Reaction score
Yay! I got my doppler today, if I can't find anything is that normal? How long did it take you guys to find your babys heartbeats? And where should i be checking, the instructions weren't too informative :)

im nearly 20 weeks, and i still have to search low down near my pubic bone..
it takes me about 10 minutes to find it proper though..

and dont worry if u cant find it yet x

i couldn't find trog's heartbeat at all the first time. but seem to have got it cracked now! kimbo's advice to me was to keep the doppler v low - and i found the heartbeat just below where my pants would normally come to, and slightly to the left...

would just say def don't worry if you don't find it at first :)

good luck!

Took me until I was 22 weeksto find a heartbeat. Loaned it to a friend and was showing her how to use it and got a heart beat straight away. She was 16 weeks :D

Thanks! I will let you know how it goes. My OH thinks I will go crazy if I can't find it but I know it's very early and the scan on Thursday went well, I will probably end up trying to find it all night hehe

mine should have come today and hasnt , know im away weds/thurs :cry:

G3M said:
mine should have come today and hasnt , know im away weds/thurs :cry:

Where did u get yours from?

I can't get anything on mine yet, I can get my heartbeat lol.

Yay I finally found it after 3 hours! It sounds like a steam train lol.

well done hun, i got my doppler at 13 weeks and OH found it quicker than i could, still can! lol listened last night and it was the loudest i'd heard it. i got mine about 2inches below and to the left of my belly button at first, now i can only get it down low by my pubic bone. sounds gr8 doesnt it :D :cheer:

youngmumtobe20 said:
well done hun, i got my doppler at 13 weeks and OH found it quicker than i could, still can! lol listened last night and it was the loudest i'd heard it. i got mine about 2inches below and to the left of my belly button at first, now i can only get it down low by my pubic bone. sounds gr8 doesnt it :D :cheer:

I know it's amazing! What does yours sound like? My OHs not one for showing emotion but he's really chuffed, i couldnt stop listening last night everytime i found it he was straight there listening :D

I can never get it for long anymore cos shes so active that she wont stay still for long enough hehe :lol:

aww! Is that whats happening when it suddenly goes quiet? the baby is moving?

DebbieM said:
I'm too scared to use one :(

Awww! I'm more relaxed about it than I thought I would be, I can't find it atall tonight but I know everythings okay.

My lovely hubby bought me one as a suprise and it arrived today :D I found the baby's heartbeat quite quickly and it's brilliant! The only thing is that it didn't come with any gel, (I used a bit of water but it's not that loud) where can I get some gel from?

Argh! Baby does not want to be found tonight hehe...stubborn like me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back