my doppler

missac

Reaction score
i took delivery of my doppler this monring which was very exciting, it was the pink angel one from e bay!

I spent a concerned two minutes wondering where the baby had gone, then found the little monkey hiding right on my right hip!!! My question is, is that normal, it seems awful low down and far across, youj don't think it is stuck?

I also want to put the heartbeat onto the computer, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks guys, don't know where I would be without you! xxx

Mine is very low down (which is where i find the h/b with doppler at the mo ) the sonographer at my scan didn't seem worried just slightly annoyed that my little monkey wouldn't get his head up :)
I don't think they would get stuck, just too darn comfy to shift, i tried full bladder, empty baldder and half-way bladder--which i reckon is a pelvic floor test :rotfl:
He didn't shift he just pushed his head away even more !:wink:

Could you be listening to the pulse in the umbilical cord?

oh I love your recording.... I have a doppler and listen to mine but never thought of recording it....

If yours doesnt have a cable to connect it to PC just record it on your mobile, dead easy to transfer then via cable or infared or whatever you have :)

i've recorded mine and am trying to post but I have a sneaking suspiscion that it is my heartbeat and I am going to feel like a right baffoon as I have e mailed my family with it!!! :shock: :rotfl:

You should pick up a pulse beat, one to the left, one to the right and one in the centre which bubs is nearly always hiding behind. Just move it very slowly starting from belly button down and use the ultrasound transmision gel if it comes with it. It really is like they say the galloping horses :)

let me know how you get on, want to get one of those myself! :)

well I am officially a baffoon and have emailed my mum, dad and sister the sound of my own bloody heart beating, what a wally!

I have now heard what sounds like a stampede of horseys galloping away in the centre below my tummy button, and then a a bit if a muffled boom which I assume is the baby saying for gods sake let me sleep mother stop prodding me! (was it a kick?) i haven't been able to record this one as the wire that ran to the laptop was causing a bit of static and you couldn't hear the heart beat when i was wired up!

Is it right that as you are listening the baby moves away so the sound gets fainter? Please let me know your experiences and sounds just to compare!

Isn't this fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

p.s Kirlykird you HAVE to get one!!!!!!!!

wow sounds great!

Just done a buy it now from e bay!

Im all excited! :D

missac said:
Is it right that as you are listening the baby moves away so the sound gets fainter?

Yes :)

And I think you also heard a kick too :lol:

yea me and the monkey!!!!!!!!!

Kirlykird I was so excited as well!!!! I bet you can't wait to get it!!! let us know when it arrives as I am now an expert :rotfl:

Fab recording minime :)
Mine sounds a bit more like a train (can also hear my h/b and a whoosh noise which i think is placental blood flow ?)... but at the mo it is still very low and slightly to the right, hoping he's gonna move over though!

Yay missac.....its doppler week on ebay this week - i got mine this week too....also got excited at my own heartbeart first time round :oops: then found baby after and difference mad me go 'ooooohhhhhhh!'

kirlykird......you'll love it! I got the same one....the transmission gel helps too! :cheer:

The description on the front of the gel is hilarious!

* Produced under the vaccuum
* Solubility in water and clean easiness
* No smelling (think that should read 'fragrance free'
:rotfl: :rotfl: must be translated from japanese to germen to french to english or something!

have you read the back of the doppler box as well, i think that is a bad translation made me giggle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back