should i get a doppler?

Snooky

Reaction score
Wasn't going to get one of these as didn't want to worry if i couldn't find a heartbeat and be obsessive using it all the time.

BUt I am getting so frustarted as am nearly 21 weeks and haven't felt baby move yet. Scan next Friday but sometimes a week seems like a lifetime away and the 4-6 weeks in between appointments seems so long to check if baby is ok. I wish it was every week so it would put our minds at rest.

Would a doppler make me less anxious and more reassured do you think? How often do you use them?

I don't think I can wait another 3-4 weeks if i have an anterieor placenta to feel baby, I will go out of my mind!! Am wondering whether a doppler would make a feel better. I just feel so fed up waiting to feel my baby i just want to cry.

X

I bought a doppler they are amazing would recomend angel sounds you can use them whenever as they are not dangerous, i used mine everyday at first :rotfl:

But now i use it whenever, usually every week :rotfl:

obsessive hehe

xx

I love my dopper. it's an angel sound sounds one too.

used to use it every day to start with too, but now just a few times a week. It's just nice to have that quiet moment with your baby every so often

get one!!!

Once you feel baby you really won't need a Doppler. I'd save your money and not worry about it. Of course if it will help you feel better then get one, but tbh you should soon start to feel baby move more so won't need one.

Once I was able to feel movement properly around 23 weeks I only used mine a few times for the rest of my pregnancy.

Also remember to not panic if sometimes you cannot locate a heartbeat, even now. Babies tend to move away from the Doppler sensor and so often you find it only to have them squirm out the way. Most don't seem to appreciate Dopplers and kick out and move away. That's why I would always keep it short when using one.

If you get one I'd just try to not get obsessive using it all the time. Try to limit yourself to a short time each day or every few days. Once you feel baby moving you really won't need to use a Doppler, the movement alone is enough. Don't forget then though that you won't feel baby move *all* the time as a) baby still has loads of room to move around and b) babies do sleep also

Totally agree with Sherlock........I bought a doppler which I used from 16 weeks -until 20 weeks and hasnt been used since as I now feel my little man moving around all the time, so the doppler is gathering dust!

It will only be a matter of a week or so before you do begin to feel baby moving, and then I promise you wouldnt use a doppler anymore!

Also as Sherlock said Im not sure I would find my babies heartbeat now he is bigger - from 16 weeks to 20 weeks it always used to be in the same place - now he wriggles around everywhere and wouldnt have a clue where to try and find the heartbeat!

Give it another week or so before investing!

I used the doppler at the start of the pregnancy and found it very reassuring but since i started feeling baby move (about 22 weeks) i never used it (lent it to my friend). Id say at this stage it may not be worth it.

Claire x

i guess you are right, hopefully will not be too much longer now. I must be the most impatient person in the whole world! Was just feeling down this morning after waiting for a movemenet now since about 16 weeks!

Will wait and see what the scan reveals on Friday.

thanks girls

XXX :hug:

hi snooky!
please don't worry! :hug:
i do have a doppler and in the early weeks found it so very reassuring,i still use it often now but also had not felt no major movements as such til about 2 weeks ago. (even then it has been more flutters)
i was worried too as i thought i should be feeling kicks and stuff,i had my 20 week scan on friday last week and he never stopped moving during it and i asked her why i was not feeling it as much as i was seeing it,she said that the placenta was over the top of my tummy so was cushioning his movements and not too worry.
could this be the same for you??

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I used it quite a bit between my early scans as I was paranoid but after my 12 week scan I've probably only used it 3 times and really just as a way of connecting with the baby. Today I found a strong enough beat for long enough for my toddler to hear though and that was priceless! He was really excited and does an impression of our baby now! We listened to my heartbeat too but he thought it was too tickly against his skin for us to hear his. For that reason I think we'll keep using it occasionally just so that it gets him used to the idea that there's someone else on the way. If you can get one secondhand then it might be worth it- I got mine on here from someone in the marketplace section or whatever it's called and it's an Angel Sounds one and it worked for me very early on so it's a good kind

I'm sure you'll feel your little one soon :hug:
+++

yes it may well be that I have the placenta at the front so can't feel baby yet.

Guess it is just a bit disheatening when loads of people on here and other pregannt ladies that I know have all felt movement so much earlier than me!

never mind, patience is what is in order....can't wait for Friday' scan and will keep you all posted.

Thanks for your support.

XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back