My cat is acting weird!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
For the past few days my cat has been looking at me funny. He gets the 'hump' and stalks around me watching me like I am about to kill him. For anyone who has cats will know that when cats get spooked they slowly walk sideways with their backs up and their tails puffed up. My OH is convinced the reason why he is being this way with me is because he can sense the baby but as he can't see it, he is getting spooked. :rotfl: Any thoughts? Has anyone with cats had this as well? :lol:

Yes!!

one of my cats has really gone off me at the moment. he was such a mummy's boy before but now he won't stay in my lap at all. He just looks at me all suspiscious with his head on one side.

Hope he gives me love again once baby is born!

ooooo, I can't believe you have posted this. My father in law was only telling me the other day that when his sister was pregnant she had this cat that she treated like a child, they were really really close. She had had the cat for about 8 years. She adored it and the cat adored her. However 2 weeks before she had the baby, the cat left the house and never returned :( . She said the cat KNEW she was pregnant as she had been acting strangely and was a bit worried about how the cat would react when the baby came. She was very upset. Don't mean to scare you and suggest your cat will run away. BUT I do agree that pets sense these things xxx

I've got 4 cats, they're very sensitive creatures aren't they.

Mine have been snuggling up in my lap more, they were the same with my first child. I think they feel the need to protect me more.

With our son, we made sure that we let them sniff every new bit of furniture we bought and left the door to the nursery open whilst I was pregnant so that they could get familiar with everything.

My DH brought a babygro home from hospital after our son was born so they could have a good sniff.

The first night our LO came home from hospital, my DH had him cupped in one hand (he was tiny) and one of our cats sat right next to him on my DHs knee!! Funnily enough, he was the most nervous of the cats too but he accepted the new arrival straight away.

My advice is to include them in all the preparations to try and keep them from feeling left out.

Sorry that wasn't even the question but just wanted to share our experience :) from a fellow cat/pet lover.

My cats seem fine though Jeffrey jumped a mile when he was resting on my belly and bump kicked. Lol. He looked SO confused!

P.S Jeffrey is a cat, lol

my cats are loving me right now lool even the timid one mitch she cant get enuff of me :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back