My cat is trying to kill me!

*Cupcake*

Reaction score
He is constantly at my heels. At first I thought it was cute and he was looking after me. Now I think he's trying to kill me! Not in a crazy woman way. Hes just always running under my feet and I cant always see him. Ive almost tripped over him twice today. He gets me on the stairs too. He waits untill Im half way down the runs at me. Is anyone else having problems with their cat or dog?

i dont have a cat or dog hun so im not much help although when i go to my dads who does have a dog he acts a little funny around me :)
manda xx

Ive had the opporsite when i was up home for xmas my sister little jack russel seemed to take a liking to me. He kept getting up on my lap and snuggling to my bump. mabye he was comforted by the heart beat movement and warmth made by my boy.

I don't know how true it is but I heard cats like pregnant ladies, mine quite often sits with its head on my belly!
Though both our cats seem to like tripping me up, running up the stairs then stopping and running past me etc.
I guess we just gotta be careful!

My firends dogs are constantly at her feet - she is pregnant too

Some people say that animals can sense u are pregnant and like to follow u around to make sure u are ok

i cant believe what i am reading here :shock:
i've always heared that cats are dangerous for pregnant women!!
they can cause abnormalities to the fetus and probably misscarige!
plz take care u people and consult ur doctors.
ur baby is more precious than ur cat.

Maldives, there is no reason to scare people unnecessarily :shock:

Cats are perfectly safe in pregnancy as long as you avoid their poo (which can cause toxoplasmosis - possibly the thing of which you are thinking?)...

My doctor told me that most people who've had cats a long time are immune to it anyway, and it's more of a risk in Tri 1 than any other time.

So saying cats cause miscarriage is a little bit of an exaggeration and might scare people - please be careful.

Wow Maldives that is a bit harsh!!!! :shock: :shock:

I lived at home with 3 cats when I was pregnant with my first child and I have had my own cat for the last 6 years!! Debecca is right you just have to be careful with cleaning litter trays and weeding the garden.

One another note my aunt has yorkshire terriers and her male one won't leave me alone when I went round, I found out 3 days later that I was pregnant!! He still hangs around me when I go round and my cat sleeps at my feet at every chance she can get!!!

It's only cat pooh that's dangerous so as long as us animal lovers avoid the litter tray we're fine!
Weeding the garden? Lol. I've never done that before. Hehe.

I want a kitten when we've got our own place! So fluffy!

My dog is no different he was asleep with his head on my lap the otherday and the baby kicked the dog jumped out of his skin as he had no idea what it was :D

My cat poops outside. So no little tray to change :) Hes also taken to sleeping on my bed. Which has to stop as I dont want him getting used to it. I really dont want him in the room at night when the babies here, just incase he gets jealous.

Hey Rachel :wave:
I noticed your ticker says 26 weeks 5 days
You off to Tri3 in 2 days? Excited? :D
WOW there are so may of tri 2 leaving at the same time
Actually im confused do you move at 26 weeks or at the end of 26 weeks :?

Im a bit sad to be leaving to be honest, I feel like Ive only just got here (well I pretty much have) But it means Im closer to meeting my little girl. Which makes me smile like this :D

We've had our cats for over 11 years now. They all used to sleep on our bed when we lived at our last house when our daughter was born.

In the first few days, as soon as she cried, they would all be through the catflap and in the garden almost before they'd woken up! :D After a few days though, Erin would cry once awake and we'd go upstairs to find the cats on the bed with one eye open, the ears back and an expression as if to say "Can you shut her up? We're trying to sleep, here!" :)

Erin slept beside the bed in her own Moses basket and never once did they try to get in there, whether she was in it or not, which was a concern of mine.

The cats did become more solicitous when I was pregnant with Erin, less so with this pregnancy, though.

I have a 6 year old ginger boy cat (got him when James was 1) and since I've been pregnant he's been doing my head in! I don't know why but I can't bear him being around me, it winds me up no end. I seem to notice the mess he makes a lot more than I used to, like when he comes in from the garden and starts walking all over the work surfaces, and when he sicks up his food all over the kitchen floor :puke:
I just don't like cats at the moment when usually I love them :roll:

I'm still changing his litter tray cos if I don't do it no one else will! I wear gloves though, and I read the poo only becomes dangerous 24 hours after it's been excreted. I can't stand cat poo's lying around so as soon as I spot them they're eveicted from the house.

The cat used to sleep on our bed but since being pg we've started shutting him downstairs at night so he's already used to the fact the bedrooms are now out of bounds.

I'm hoping I'll go back to normal once the baby's born, it's not like me to hate cats!

aww, cats arnt as bad as all that! Its only the poo thats dangerous. Ive always had cats. 3 housecats through my last pregnancy, and 4 this time. I still cuddle them and let them sleep on my bed, its just that we dont let them in the babies room andim sensible about washing my hands when ive handled them. Oh does the litter tray all the time. I dont go near it. I love my kitties!!

Edit : they did do my head in when i was first preggo though. They wanted to be on my lap all the time and they really annoyed me for probably the first 4 months or so, bless em, im over whatever it was that made them wind me up so much, lol :D

My brother who is a doctor diagnosed my cat with autism as he makes no distinction between people and inanimate objects apart from when they move. He doesn't give cuddles - doesn't really get the concept much. He is cheerful and lovely, just not cuddly.
But he is currently curled on my bump snuggling up to me :D He has given me more cuddles and sat on my lap more times while I have been pregnant then in the previous 4 years! And if I sneeze, instead of running away to another room and not coming back, he moves away a little and is back within minutes!
I wanted to try out my new baby sling yesterday so I tried putting him in it and he loved it! Purr, purr, purr! I thought it was a stupid plan that wouldn't work. No one else would be able to carry Toby in a sling at all, let alone with him loving it! (Honest this wasn't cruelty!)

I have 3 cats and they're SO ACE I love them. Then again they don't try and go on worksurfaces and the dead rabbits only appear in summer... :shock:

I have 3 cats too, 1 moggy and 2 half persians, but my white half persian, Britney, is peeing everywhere...in the kitchen, bathroom, sofa...we have to keep every door shut after us or she'll pee there...its startin to really 'pee' :rotfl: me off.
Seriously though, i have even considered getting rid of her?? :cry:

My cats are ridiculously affectionate and nearly trip me up all the time too. I bet they become mega annoying when baby is here. Mine are indoor cats as we got them when we were ttc and didn't want them to pick up toxoplasmosis, so it isn't possible for them to have it. Even so - my husband cleans out their litter every day just incase :wink: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back