My baby has Eczema

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
Lola has had this rash on her face for about 4 weeks and i just put it down to teething but it's been getting worse. I finally took her to the doctors and he has said it's eczema and gave her some cream that i have to put on twice a day until it clears up :(

I feel so guilty that i just left it for so long but it didn't seem to be bothering her so i just though she would cut another tooth and it would go away :doh:

I'm quite confused thought as neither me or OH have eczema so i don't really know where she has got it from?

Logan has Eczema. I didn't think much of it until the health visitor pointed it out. He's had dry skin since birth and it gradually formed dry patches that went scaly, then turned red. His is mainly on his scalp, cheeks, neck and shoulders.
I started putting diprobase on it but it still got infected so I had to use fucindin. He's on steroid cream now which is doing brilliantly at clearing it up.

I still have to use Oilatum when I bath him and smother him in diprobase everyday. It's a pain having a greasy baby but the treatment seems to help.

In my case I suffered with Eczema and asthma as a child and OH suffers badly from hayhever so the atopic allergy thing is in the family.

I hope the cream sorts Lola out soon :hug: :hug:

Hi my friends lo has it badly on his legs and she uses oliatum in the bath and natural greek yoghurt to cool and soothe. She swears by it but it can make the wee lo a bit stinky so she puts in on when at home and uses other stuff the doc gave her at other times. Not sure how well it works but his legs look much better. x

My lad is 3 1/2yrs now and he has had really bad eczema since birth. I don't like using the steroid creams on him and after trawling the internet we finally have it under control. He bathes once a week, not everyday like we were told by docs. I found a mother on the net who had found that bathing everyday was stripping her child's skin of the natural oils and making the eczema worse. We started on 1 bath a week and it worked wonders! He has his E45 daily and when it starts to look red I use Hemp cream from the Body Shop, all does the trick! Sometimes he gets infected, usually turns to impetigo then, and we have to treat it, but nothing like he used to.

Sure lil one will be fine, most babies do actually grow out of it before their 2nd year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back