Eczema cream

Rosieroo

Reaction score
DD has a patch of eczema on her arm - nurse said it could be teething related. I'm worried it's because I recently started using cows milk to make some of her meals (cauli cheese etc). So I am going to cut down on the milk to see if that helps.

What I wanted to know is if there are any natural cures for eczema? She's prescribed a cream for us to try but I am a bit loathe to. I know breastmilk sorted out her gunky eye!!

Are there any essential oils that will help?

Hi ya

I can't remember who it is but there's a user of the forum who sells Aloe Vera creams for eczema, we have some aloe vera plants and I gave the MIL one and she accidentally broke one of the leaves off so before she binned it she rubbed the smelly gunky middle onto her patch of eczema, which is below her elbow, for a couple of days and it's completely gone :shock:

Before she told me that my SIL swears by Arran Aromatics Barrier Cream, it's really sorted out my nephew's eczema.

HTH

Lucy x
p.s without sounding funny, are you sure it's not a bit of heat rash?

I dont know any natural remidies but when I was away Ella's excema went really bad, my nan gave me some cream called EUMOVATE and within 2 days it had completely gone and has stayed away so id reccomend that if the cream u have doesnt work.

p.s without sounding funny, are you sure it's not a bit of heat rash?

Well I wasn't sure, but it's only on one arm, started off as a couple pimply spots and has spread into an area about the size of a 50p piece. It's dried out now, but was red and inflamed.

I'll have a look for those things that you mention Lucy :)

Thanks Lauz for that :)

Ella has had horrible heat rash the past couple of days all over her chest sholdours and neck :-(

excema is dry, and patchey here and there, it starts off as small dots but then goes red and imflamed, the heat rash stays as a rash, its red dots but its wider spread and the spots are more bumpy

lol I didnt explain that very well talking rubbish hope it makes some sort of sense.

any remidies (sp) for heat rash?

From that it definately is excema then :( looking a bit paler tonight :pray:

I don't know of any remedies for heat rash, sorry :(

Our poor little Ellas!! :(

You could try putting goats milk on the affected areas. My doc has told me to keep jess fully moisturised and has given me an anti bac steriod cream for the really bad bits where she draw blood. Im pleased to say there arent too many of these bits.

I would recomed the goats milk for the heat rash, its nice and cool going on as well.

I use oilatum for Isaac's eczema :)

I feel like I just found a miracle........I had eczema and this foderma cleared it.......completely......just want to share my goodness......dont suffer with eczema try it.....

Go into Lush and ask them- oatmeal based stuff is gorgeous and oatmeal baths are a good thing to try too. We use Aveeno which is great on my little boys very dry skin x

I have extremely sensitive skin and suffer with eczema on my face and eyes. When I had a flare up on my eyes few years ago, I tried every cream going (including E45 which apparently I'm allergic to?!) to make it go away but nothing worked.

I found that using a home made mask of oatmeal/porridge oats, natural honey and a little olive oil applied to the eczema each night for about 10 minutes like a face mask really helped.

Then I discovered Aveeno cream. My god. It's the ONLY thing I've used that keeps my eczema away. In fact I haven't had a flare up on my face since using it.

Aveeno do a baby moisturising cream that I already have in my baby bag now! Could try giving that a go? It has colloidal oatmeal in it which will help.
I know you're hesitant to use creams but honestly it is the only thing that's worked for me with no issues.
As PP said, oatmeal baths would be good, Or you could try applying some oatmeal/honey mix to his arm, but I can imagine that's gonna get messy very quickly! :p

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back