Zachary Peter Scadding 07/01/07

Jaidy

Reaction score
Well ive finally managed to get a spare 10 mins to write up my birth story, sorry I havent done it sooner ladies! Its a long one too, so be warned! :wink:

My due date was Friday 5th Jan, and id had no signs whatsoever that I was going into labour anytime soon, apart from the fact I had been going for a number 2 loads on the Wednesday and the Thursday of the week of my due date.

It came to Saturday and I was soooooo miserable (looking back mum thinks it was my hormones!) but felt ok. I went to bed, with what I thought were 'windy' pains as id been having them on and off all week.

I woke at 3am Sunday morning to 'crampiness' that was coming and going every 5-10 minutes. I still thought it was trapped wind (so in denial) so didnt bother to wake Richard, I just laid awake till 7am!!

I got up at 7am and woke my mum and Richard and said id been having pain then went to the loo, and there it was my bloody show!

Pains started to get a little more regular, around every 5 mins, I had a hot bath and that made them get even more intense!

By 10am I had my Tens on and we were on our way to the hospital. When we arrived the midwife took one look at me and because I was 'coping' said she didnt want to examine me until it was necessary. So we left it two hours and by 1pm I was really starting to feel it, and called the midwife to examine me. I was expecting her to say '1cm' and when she said '6cm' she was obviously as shocked as I was!!!!

So by now I was shouting for my epidural and oh my god, from the I mentioned the word to getting the epidural, it felt like a lifetime. The contractions were getting REALLY bad, I kept shouting 'I cant do this' and 'Im going to die' I must have sounded like a right fruitcake!

The epidural was sited what felt like a lifetime later, and it didnt blimmin work!!!!!! The anaestathist was called back and she decided to resite it but it took ages because my contractions were so on top of each other.

Fortunately, praise the lord, it worked second time round and it was BLISS!!! If it works, id highly recommend it. I felt so relieved all the pain was finally gone I could have kissed the anaestathist!

They examined me again at 4.30pm and I was fully dilated and they broke my waters (like a river!!), but my contractions had started to really space out and this is where all the scariness began...

They put me on a drip to try and get the contractions regular again so I could push, but every time I had a contraction the baby's heartbeat began to dip dangerously low. This continued for a while and after trying everything they decided it was time to try and get the baby out as he wasnt coping at all well. Suddenly the room was filled with about 5 people and they were telling my that they were going to try and deliver my baby by ventouse and that a crash team were on stand by to take me to theatre at a moments notice. I have never been so frightened in my life!

However, 5 big pushes later and with the help of a cut and ventouse, little Zachary Peter was born at 7.28pm, weighing 6lb 12oz.

As soon as they lifted him out I knew something was wrong because of the look on the doctors face, and he said that we were EXTREMELY lucky to have our baby alive as he had a true knot in his cord and many babies die from this either in the womb or during labour, this is why his heartbeat kept dipping.

I was handed my little boy, and I cried, and cried and cried and it was the best feeling in the world.

The birth was painful and scary at the end, but id go through it ten times over to have my miracle. :D

And the good news was I wasnt sick!! And I never even felt sick. Not once.

I was petrified of giving birth and it was the hardest thing I ever did, but it was truly amazing and the best thing you will ever do.

Lots of love

Well done and many congratulations on your baby boy. Bet it was very scary but more than worth it xx

and you were thought u couldnt do it jaidy ... u did and lookey wat you made, so proud of you hun you are so brave and it is a lovely birth story even more special because little Zach is a true miracle, and so beautiful aswell, well done Jades :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations :hug:
Its sounds sooo scary but at least it ended well :)

wow jade what a great story glad it was all ok in the end but what a scare, we are all so proud of you you did a fantastic job and your little zac is fully perfect.

well done i'm so happy for you and OH. i really hope you enjoy him and enjoy being a mum xx all my love Lisa xx :hug:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

well done to you hunny!!!! your great! and ur lil man is gorgeous!

i would of lost madi if i had a natural birth. i think fate was on your side thank god :hug:

rrr you made me cry!!! :cry:

I am sooooo happy for you hun xxxxxxxxx

Awwww....He's such a beauty Jaidy....he'll break many a heart when he's older and melt a few before then :hug:

Well done Jaidy!
Sounds tough and very emotional but YOU DID IT! :clap:
L xx :hug: :hug:

im so happy for u jaidy!!! i hope u enjoy a lifetime of happiness with ur boys!! :hug: :hug: :cheer:

Congrats hun :hug:
I can totally relate to the 'I can't do this'. I screamed this a few times myself!

awwwwwwwwwwww babes you made me cry, im soooooo proud of you, you are so clever :hug: :hug: your wee little miracle is a true fighter and deffo wanted to be with his mummy and daddy to come through what could of been an awful situation. He is an absolutely adorable gorgeous baby and a credit to his mummy. Enjoy your little prince love, you deserve all the happiness in the world. I knew you could do it, your a real star :hug: take care mate and enjoy the start of mummyhood, luv ya lots, kaye,ben,lee and baby tia.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back