Music

AliCat

Reaction score
I've been trying to play a lot of music to my bump (I'm sure she's gonna be born a little raver as we love clubbing and the music I like is all club music).
I've noticed there's a pattern to what sort of music I play and how she reacts. If I play something that makes me feel good, she's still. If I play something that I don't like as much, she moves. Right now I'm sitting at my computer and there;s a floor standing speaker next to where I'm sat, and I put a right old mix of stuff on. Some tunes she's really lively and others still - it's very interesting.
My husband wants me to play loads of music to her as he reckons it's essential with the development. He'd much rather that than me watching Eastenders or something on TV and our daughter being born familiar to the theme tune!!
Do you play tunes to your bumps and what's the reaction??

My OH is a musician/producer so he wants to start playing music to our LO soon.
Ive heard that baby's who have been played classical music in the womb and when very young grow up to be more intelligent so it will be Mozart & Beethoven for our LO..... and my OH's album! :dance:

Nice one!! I've heard that about classical music too, but I don't really like it. Some of the music I listen to has elements of classical in it....I tend to play stuff that makes me feel really good.

We have started to play music to James and OH plays his guitar too.

We are very much into Rock music so he's getting lots of Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Queen etc. Unfortunately he gets my singing too but hey can't have everything.

We're trying to get him used to loud music bit by bit as I'm going to see Vampires Rock when I'm 36w and thats going to be a loud night of rock anthems!

We watched a lot of Star Trek when I was pregnant last time and when David was born he used to go to sleep if I played theme music to the original series but wake up if he heard the theme to Voyager!!

Sarah xxx

My first son used to go crazy when Bob Marley was on!? :think: lol He was jammin! haha :rotfl:

I had an chillout cd on yesterday, and when I stood next to speaker, she went mad!! Kicking the hell outta me..now either shes saying "mummy turn this crap off" or she likes it!!
Shes so used to my rock/indie tunes, shes prolly wondering whats got into me listening to classical stuff!

The bloke has started playing guitar at the bump a lot. The weirdest thing is that relatively out of the blue he chose "Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor as one of his favourites to play (not only to the bump, but pretty much since we've known that I'm up the duff.

Turns out now, that this is the same song his dad played to him when he was little. He had forgotten until his dad told him about it (after he started playing it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back