Music During Labour?

i was so engrossed in the *sorry*..... pain :shock: that I forgot all about music! I had a list of tunes I wanted, but ended up listening to the local radio station on the hospital radio that was in the room! so for 24 hours I had quite a variety of music, but cant remember any of it!!!!all cos I forgot to burn the CD before I went into labour :wall:

LOL awww The Presidents Of The USA and Pato Banton and UB40 are all on the list too awww I love UB40 and pretty much all Billy Ocean and Billy Idols songs haha. So whos coming to my Labour party haha we can all have gas and air and chocolate biccys for energy!

:D Hahaaa I just remembered through a bit of Outtherebrothers and Snow in too!

Dannii,
you wanna be careful with the cd thing unless you're taking a personal cd player. Bedford hospital didn't have a cd player when i was in there and we were told in anti natal classes that if we took anything bigger than walkman with headphones we'd have to take in before your labour to get it checked over and cleared by thier electrician. They did have a radio in the suite though but it was one of those dab things thats just a radio.

It's a good idea though and this time i've whacked a load of music onto the DH's Ipod, of course he doesn't know this yet!

x Naomi x said:
Classic FM for me and then the following albums:

Now 62
Now 64
R Kelly
Green Day
Anastacia
The Essential Bands
Daniel Bedingfield
UB40

UB40 Get in :cheer:

It would be Bob Marley, UB40, Beres Hammond, Barrington Levy, Gregory Isaacs, Half Pint and any other reggae artist for me, it will send me asleep lol.

I had all sorts of music for labour took various in incase i was in different moods but to be honest never bothered with any of them... did moaning therapy instead lol

I loaded my i-pod up with songs for labour and forgot to put it back in my bag! :oops:

The labour room had a radio tho so I just listened to that.

I always giggle as (and I remember laughing at the time, mid push) that the song I gave birth to was Queens "Dont stop me now"

:rotfl:

haha very appropriate, bet you wern't having a ball though eh? lol

I wasn't organised when I went into labour so just had DHs MP3 player which had every kind of music you can think of on it. Anyhow, when I was in the labour ward, I couldn't care less about music. In fact, I wasn't aware of anything other than the contractions. I think that after the birth (it may have been before but I have no idea), classic FM was turned on. That was lovely as they were playing lots of soothing music. I really didn't need anything that was packed for the delivery. I was being sick so no food or water, I was shivering in between contractions so didn't need to be cooled down with anything. I was being monitored so couldn't get up and use my birthing ball. I didn't even have chance to change into my nightie that I'd packed!

x Naomi x said:
:cheer: I love UB40! Just put on some UB and get a few spliffs smoked and you wont need no pain relief!! You'd be too b*llocks'd hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: (just playin)

I would have been annoyed with music when I had the others which is odd as music helps me through EVERYTHING seriously! but this time I think I will try some! :think: Though what exactly I have no idea! It would have to be the relaxing UB or Bob or the opposite end with Guns n Roses and Meatloaf etc! :think: Maybe start off chillin then when it gets bad or maybe durin pushing stages change to more aggressive music hahaha

I'd organised a whole load of cds for labour - pan pipes, gospel & Ladysmith Black Mambaso (sorry I am one of those people heheh :oops: :D ) but ended up listening to a tibetan chanting cd on repeat as it was the best one to focus on.

x Naomi x said:
:cheer: I love UB40! Just put on some UB and get a few spliffs smoked and you wont need no pain relief!! You'd be too b*llocks'd hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: (just playin)

I would have been annoyed with music when I had the others which is odd as music helps me through EVERYTHING seriously! but this time I think I will try some! :think: Though what exactly I have no idea! It would have to be the relaxing UB or Bob or the opposite end with Guns n Roses and Meatloaf etc! :think: Maybe start off chillin then when it gets bad or maybe durin pushing stages change to more aggressive music hahaha

I'd organised a whole load of cds for labour - pan pipes, gospel & Ladysmith Black Mambaso (sorry I am one of those people heheh :oops: :D ) but ended up listening to a tibetan chanting cd on repeat as it was the best one to focus on.

I called the delivery suite today and they said they have recently put CD players in the labour rooms!! :cheer:

Yay!!

So now, I have;

? Coldplay (The Scientist)
? David Gray (Sail Away)
? Katie Melua (9 Million Bicycles)
? Delta Goodrem (Butterfly)
? Coldplay (Fix You)
? David Gray (Freedom)
? Otis Redding - Sittin' on the dock of the Bay
? Lighthouse Family – Lifted
? Corrine Bailey Rae - Like A Star

Anything other suggestions?! xxx

What about:
Elton Johns Pain
Timbalands Scream
D-Nubz Ouch
Hee hee :rotfl: Aww Im sorry hun! I will stop being a bugger now! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lea :rotfl: :rotfl: You biatch!! lol

How about;

Dannii's "I'll remind you of this when you're in labour" song?

:think: :lol:

I had all sorts of music (CD and ipod) in my bag. They never saw the light of day - anyone who suggested it would probably have had either the CD or ipod embedded in their nose :lol:

dannii87 said:
Lea :rotfl: :rotfl: You biatch!! lol

How about;

Dannii's "I'll remind you of this when you're in labour" song?

:think: :lol:
Hahahaha Oh damn forgot about that!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: hee hee

:dance: If you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain, if your not into yoga...if you have half a brain...if you like making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape.....

Ca plane pour moi, Ca plane pour moi, Ca plane pour moi moi moi moi moi.....oooooeeeooooooooeeeeeeeeee Ca plane pour moi.......

Particle man, particle man,Doing the things a particle can, What's he like? It's not important, Particle man, Is he a dot, or is he a speck? When he's underwater does he get wet? Or does the water get him instead? Nobody knows, Particle man....Triangle man Triangle man....

Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom, Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom, Open the door, get on the floor, Everybody walk the dinosaur, Open the door, get on the floor, Everybody walk the dinosaur, Open the door, get on the floor, Everybody walk the dinosaur, Open the door, get on the floor, Everybody walk the dinosaur, Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom, Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom.
:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back