Tips For Labour

if you're using gas and air and on a monitor that shows the strength of your contraction and when it starts/finishes, as soon as you see it starting to rise suck like hell on the gas and air to get it in you and working before the peak of the contraction, otherwise you just find the gas and air starts working properly just after the peak of the contraction.

also take a drink, it really dries your mouth out.

Focus on something, with my 2nd i just sort of remembering being stuck in a tunnel in my mind calling my daughters name thru a contraction, did that labour on just gas and air too

Main one is just do what your body tells you, its pretty unreal how it takes over but amazing, i love labour...bring it on i say :dance:

MIDNA - i groaned really loud thru my pushing with my last, like i was having a REALLY amazing shit :rotfl: god it felt good but i felt embarrassed after when hubby said i was making a right racket :oops: i couldn't help it though, i just did it naturally and automatically :shock:

*Co-codamol if you have back pain or b2b baby - helped me to 7cms just fine.
*Practise breathing now, try breathing in to the count of 20, then out again to 20, if you can't manage to 20, get to what you can and with practise you'll get better. These long, deep breaths are excellent for contractions, make you think 'what contractions?' hehe
*Have lots of high energy snacks available, not sure about monster munch :lol: and water.
*Relax, if you tense, your whole body tenses, you want it relaxed so baby can get out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back