I think my body is getting ready for labour..

Lewa

Reaction score
I'm only 36 weeks today, but feel like labour can't be tooooo far away.

Week 33 I felt pip starting to move down, and the midwife confirmed this at my 34 week checkup. During week 34 I also felt like my bump shrunk.

I read a thread here about checking your cervix yourself, and did this out of curiosity, and could just manage to feel it being a little bit open, enough for my fingertip, but it was really far back and I could barely reach it.

Early this week I had a crazy nesting day, caused mainly by me having lots of braxton hicks contractions and period type pains, which made me feel I needed to get things done, NOW.

Checked my cervix again later that day, and it was lower, softer, and more open (still just a fingertip, but could tell a difference (sorry TMI)

Then I felt normal again for a few days, but today I'm having a day like that again,
many braxton hicks contractions, stronger this time, and quite a bit of period type pains in my lower back in particular. Checked my cervix again and it is now a bit lower, and a bit more open again. (changed from this morning!) Not quite 2 fingertips wide, but 1,5 kind of.. (TMI, sorry: can feel the opening of the cervix around the very tip of two fingertips, but can't actually put two fingertips "in".)

soooooo.. I'm thinking Pip might come before week 40...
Am I reading too much into this?
Have any of you started to feel stronger contractions, period pain etc?
If anyone reads this who's had their babies... how long before labour started did you start feeling period type pains etc?

Sorry for the long post, just needed to get it out somehow, cause it seems rather promising! Even if he doesn't come for another 3-4 weeks, it still shows me my body is getting ready and is preparing, which can't be bad :)

I am def feeling stronger BH and back pain - period pains are also getting stronger - had a few nesting days recently and then days with no energy at all - I have checked my cervix and I could reach it but did not feel open - I have noticed really strong BH anytime I have inserted evening primrose capsules - all sounds promising :)

wow ya sound like a pro at checking ur cervix, im wayyyyto scared to try though lol

does all sound like things are getting ready for the go though,

all sounds very promising. Good luck ladies xx

All sounds very promising for you, I'm way too scared to check my own cervix :s

Period pains that morning baby by afternoon so it could definatly happen soon!! xx

You are very talented that's all I have to say. I can't paint me toenails let alone feel my cervix.

I've been having BH this week so maybe it is nearly ur time!!

* tapatalking from my bb *

:) I hope he'll come sooner rather than later! Want him to stay at least another week though, so he's full term!
And I'm not a pro, or brave at the cervix thing, just extreeeeeeemely curious :p I was the same when ttc.... :p symptom spotting like a crazy person, and now I'm doing it again!

Oh, and I forgot to say I've been having looser and more frequent bowel movements as well.. and that's supposed to be a sign as well I think!

These are some exiting times for all of us :)

All u will say is if your doing that lewa be careful you don't accidentally give yourself a sweep!!! I was having contractions from 33 weeks and delivered at 36 weeks and things seem to be going the same this time round as well my body doesn't do braxton hicks lol I just have full on contractions I finally went into labour at 4pm and Thomas was born at 10.40pm and was 9cm dilated within 90mins although it took ages to get to 10 because they didn't realise my waters hadn't gone once they broke them I fully dilated and delivered xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back