Tips For Labour

monster_munch

Reaction score
I thought that those who are either on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (etc LOL babies) and those that have just popped could write down any little tips they can think of to get through labour.

I'm in a "thinking about the birth" mood and have been remembering the things that got me through with my daughter.

* Blowing the contraction out through my mouth. Sounds stupid, but during the contraction I would breathe in through my nose and then blow out through my mouth (slowly though). It worked for me, as I had to concentrate to get it at the right speed (DH was great at letting me know if I was breathing too fast etc) plus it made my top lip go numb which felt hilarious in between contractions!

Will add more if / when I think of them :)

don't wanna know :talkhand: :talkhand:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

no i do really.... please give tips :lol: :lol:

I found a warm bath really helped, I was gutted when I had to get out to go to the hospital. I agree about the blowing out through the mouth helping.

monster_munch....

Thank's to you I am now craving pickled onion monster munch :shakehead:

I bought a monster munch multipack yesterday and the thought of them are making me feel sick lol

I found a multipack of monster munch in poundland the other week...with ROAST BEEF flavour!!!!!!!
I haven't been able to find roast beef in the supermarket for years! I must stock up with them next time I'm in Aberdeen :D
I wish I had some right now! :x

ewwww the roast beef are awful!!! they do them in the multipacks??? they have 4 pickled oonion, 4 flammin hot and 4 roast beef?? is it different where you are??

i love roast beef monster munch :) yummy

err anyway yeah my tip is to concentrate on breathing through the contraction and not tensing your body up too much as it hinders dilation..
cant think of anything else- just go with your instincts your body knows what to do when it comes down to it :)

Get one of those mist sprays, to spray your face with. You will get very very hot! And i hated my husband "wiping my brow" with a wet flannel!

littlepip said:
ewwww the roast beef are awful!!! they do them in the multipacks??? they have 4 pickled oonion, 4 flammin hot and 4 roast beef?? is it different where you are??

I've only ever seen multipacks with flaming hot and pickled onion in Asda. Not keen on flaming hot!
Is it me or did they used to be bigger in the 80's? Or is it just cos my hands have got bigger?

I think I'll pack some roast beef monster munch in my labour bag :D

Remember on the back of the packets, you would get monster parts to cut out & make your own monster with? lol

Yes they were much bigger, cos id wear them as massive rings when i was younger!

yes i was weird :oops:

MM you're going to have to change your username - every thread just ends up with everyone talking about crisps :rotfl:

Leaning against something every time I got a contraction. Having a warm bath and staying calm

Great thread - going to keep an eye on this for tips ;)

missjennipenni said:
Get one of those mist sprays, to spray your face with. You will get very very hot! And i hated my husband "wiping my brow" with a wet flannel!

i think i would hit anyone trying to wipe me wih a flannel- i hate my face being touched at the best of times!

gymbabeliz said:
missjennipenni said:

i think i would hit anyone trying to wipe me wih a flannel- i hate my face being touched at the best of times!

I know he was trying to be helpfull, but i got totslly pissed off with him doing it! lol

maybe that shoudl be a tip - tell your OH NOT to mop your brow! LOL

I found that being off my head on gas and air very preferable aswell as being numb from a beautiful epidural helped :D

Seriously, staying focused and resting between contractions in the early stages because once they get really close together its hard to focus and go with the flow.

I'd say just enjoy it as much as you can. I did!! :D

Keeping your hands relaxed

(allows you to open as your going with the pain not against it) a good analogy for this imagine having an injection in your bum if you tense it hurts ten times more and you bruise...and what are you hands doing???? gripping really tight.....if you relax just your hands your whole body relaxes. Easy to remember too

Breathe

Sway those hips

Go into yourself ....no distractions

:D :) 8) :wink: :angel: :moon:

When I had my second, I did the same a MM, breathing in through my nose and out through my mount, and by concentrating on the slowness of that made the contraction not so bad, I also sort of went into myself and cut out everyone and everything that was going on, I had her at home with no pain relief, so it must have worked. It's definately want I'm gonna do this time

I found that having the tv on in the delivery room was a big help... I couldnt watch it obviously.. but I focused on the noise of it... inbetween pushes I was singing that Hastings direct telephone number...0800 00 1066!!! Sounds daft .. but it really helped take my mind off the pain. Or was that the gas and air! lol

The biggest tip is to just go with the flow.. go in with an open mind.. theres really nothing to be frightened of..enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back