Mums with bad backs, advice please.

flaxen

Reaction score
Hi Im new here and am after some advice off mums that have bad backs.
I have displaced discs in my back and it has caused problems for a long time.
I am having our first baby and am just over 17wks. I have been put under consultant care as they are concerned that the extra weight of baby is going to cause problems and cause pressure on my spinal chord in which case they have said they will admit me to hospital and keep me there( this is my worst nightmare as Im very hospital and needle phobic) and I have animals at home that need me including a stallion and no one else who can handle him.

I am a little worried as I have what would be sciatica for a healthy person and as the day wears on I am finding it more and more painful and awkward to walk and by tea time I am barely able to put any weight on my left leg and my back has started to hurt more already, I am on a fairly high dose of cocodamol already.

So what I'm asking is, is it normal to have sciatica this early on or is it my back telling me it cant cope already. I havent gained any extra weight yet and still have room to spare in my size 10 trousers and have to wear a belt.
Thanks.

Check with your dr that the co-codamol is still ok to take. I was taken off it. Have back problems normally, mostly with a disc that likes to prolapse regularly. My back problems eased up (physio thinks it is to do with muscles relaxing) still get sciatic pain and my leg goes numb if baby lays in a certain position.

Getting normal aches and pains and my spine now isn't sitting on my pelvis properly which causes pain. Have only gained 8lbs so far and am over 30 weeks. My dr advised if it hurts, lay down until it stops hurting, sitting is the worst position to be in. You need to take care of yourself, if there is anyone that can help with things then let them! It's better to not do too much and rest properly than to do everything as normal and risk a long hospital stay!

Check with your dr that the co-codamol is still ok to take. I was taken off it. Have back problems normally, mostly with a disc that likes to prolapse regularly. My back problems eased up (physio thinks it is to do with muscles relaxing) still get sciatic pain and my leg goes numb if baby lays in a certain position.

Getting normal aches and pains and my spine now isn't sitting on my pelvis properly which causes pain. Have only gained 8lbs so far and am over 30 weeks. My dr advised if it hurts, lay down until it stops hurting, sitting is the worst position to be in. You need to take care of yourself, if there is anyone that can help with things then let them! It's better to not do too much and rest properly than to do everything as normal and risk a long hospital stay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back