advice please ladies...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Good evening...

I have been asking (moaning) about my little issue for a week or so now, but its really starting to concern me...

I am getting a lot of discomfort at the very bottom of my bump and down into my pubic bone when i am walking. There is no pain at all when sat down or just stood still, but as soon as i start to walk at any decent speed then it gets really quite uncomfortable. I feel like the bottom of my bump could fall off...only way to describe it and it feels like there is a lot of pressure down there.

i have mentioned it to the midwifes who just keep saying it is normal and its everything stretching and also just the pressure of baby, who is head down by the way...

i just didnt expect to feel this much discomfort at only 29 weeks! I have been told baby is measuring big so it could be that baby is weighing more than a 29 week one should which is why i am sore earlier on...

I walked a fair distance last night, up a hill and i was very sore by the time i got back and today have been achy all day especially down into my pelvis...

just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience as early as 29 weeks...or later on, any advice as to how to ease it...?

Thanks ladies and sorry for the long post xxx

Last edited:
Hey SG,

No advice, but would speak to mw again if it's troubling you to see if they can offer any advice on how to ease it. Maybe a bump support band would help?

What are you measuring?

Hope it eases up soon.

x

I think a support band would help. Get the docs to refer you to physio cos they give you loads of advice and help with pelvis/pelvic pain.. xxxxxx

No advice other than to walk at a snail's pace, which is what I do :) x

seeing midwife again on 3rd jan so if i am still suffering will have a word then. i do have a bump band actually....must start to wear it!! i am worried its squashing boo boo...crackers eh...lol xx

i would agree with vikkiR,as i had these problems with my 2nd which was due to him being head down quite early on!! i found just walking around slower than normal helped although it didnt stop it, infact in just got worse towards the end with ur bits swelling up too (sorry tmi) as the pressure of baby head and weight kills :) xx

Hi Hun I was suffering bad with ache under bump when walking and back and hip pain when still. I bought a bump band and it's awesome I now sleep at night (although don't wear it then), can walk further than before and back is far better. I can't recommend them enough. Mine is just a thick elastic belt that goes under bump and round back, hopefully I won't have to progress to a full support. I also went to gp who has referred me for physio I wasn't waiting for MW appointment xxx

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had this problem for a while too. I found over bump maternity trousers a god send! I can't walk too far. Well, I don't actually walk anymore, I now waddle! And very slowly too. Constantly telling hubby to slow down. I'm also measuring big so do wonder if that has anything to do with it.xx

these big babies....lol.....if i lie down, you should see me trying to get up....sheep on its back!! ha ha xx

Just over 18 weeks and I get the same pressure pain feeling down low after walking for a while. Been out shopping the last few days and have noticed it after walking non stop for several hours...I've just assumed I get these feelings because I've been on my feet for prolonged periods and perhaps just needed to rest..

i have been feeling this too, had scan last week and they said that this may be because my babys head was down too. I still worry about it even although ive been told its normal xx

these big babies....lol.....if i lie down, you should see me trying to get up....sheep on its back!! ha ha xx

You should see me getting off the sofa my OH and son have said its like watching a beetle on its back my legs are going non stop trying to propel me up!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back