Mums who work full-time

Snuggle

Reaction score
I go back to work full-time in April and my hours will be 8am-5pm. During this time Maddison will be in nursery. This means that we will see her for less than 3 hours a day and this is really bothering me. It feels like she will be brought up by someone else and we will just be putting her to bed. I cant stand the thought of spending such little time with her but have no choice as we cant afford for me to not work or do part-time and I cant choose my hours at work as I'm in RAF.
How have other mothers who have went back to work full-time coped with this?

I just make sure every moment i spend with the kids are brilliant, and on days off try and have family days. Its hard but lile most families these days we have to make money :(

Snuggle i am exactly the same and really worried, although my shift are all over the place plus one weekend on one weekend off...i cant face the thought either. I am looking into a new job with more family friendly hours etc.

It is going to be really hard but if you and your OH can't cut your hours which it is really hard to in this day and age to afford anything like the other posts have said you have a savour every moment when you are together hun.

I do understand because i go back in 2 months (if same job) and i am dreading it, to the point osmetimes i want to cry i just want to be a mummy to amber :( :hug: :hug:

Snuggle, they will still know you're extra special... and there will be proof when you come to pick up your little one at the end of the day and you get a massive smile from her, as if to say "OMG my favorite person is here!"

I have to admit that I do more fun things with Tia when I am working than when I am just sitting at home and she's here all the time. I miss her when I am working and want to make every moment I have with her fun. :)

Its hard leaving them, but some of us just don't have a choice due to financial reasons... and we shouldn't feel guilty about it. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you're feeling,I'm back at school on monday :( and leaving Willow makes me feel sick.I'm continuing co-sleeping and BF though...cause nobody else can do that but me

Squiglet said:
Snuggle, they will still know you're extra special... and there will be proof when you come to pick up your little one at the end of the day and you get a massive smile from her, as if to say "OMG my favorite person is here!"

This got me a bit tearful, thank you Squiglet, it made me feel better :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for all your replies girls :hug:

I will just have to enjoy every second I have with her until I either win the lottery or my husband gets promoted and I can stay home :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back