Multiple miscarriages after first and only successful pregnancy

Zara1183

Reaction score
I'm on here because I'm so confused right now I've had two previous miscarriages one at 7 weeks and one at 11 weeks. I recently found out at some point I was pregnant. Don't understand it all had regular period on 28th May. .. few days early but normal then I started bleeding again on 11 days later.... never occurred to me I might be pregnant as I had a period but test was positive.... but ultra sound show nothing was there and my hormone levels from blood test were really low..... been researching and thinking this may of been a chemical pregnancy. But now week later bleeding again really appreciate any advice

Hi hun

I didn't want to read and run. Firstly I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through. No experience of multiple miscarriages myself but I have had a chemical. Mine was just like a normal, very heavy, very clotty period but I guess the bleeding after could be your hormones adjusting? I hope it doesn't go on too long xx

Hi hun.

Sounds as though it stories are very similar.

I have a three year old son, had a mmc at six weeks, mmc at eight weeks and recently just been through my third loss. This last loss was a medical mystery! I had my normal period starting on 10th May and 14 days later I had some mid cycle spotting which I've never experienced. I thought it might be ov spotting but did I hpt to rule out pregnancy and got a positive! Hcg levels were low and although rising weren't doubling, scan a week later showed no pregnancy anywhere and hcg levels had then dropped which confirmed a mc. I have no idea what happened with this last pregnancy and none of the medical professionals I've seen can explain it either.

I stopped bleeding last week from my mc and my gp said to expect my period in a couple of weeks.

If you're concerned that something still isn't right, then I would give your gp a call or get back in touch with the EPU for advice.

We are starting testing for recurrent miscarriage now to see if there's any cause for it.

I'm so sorry for your losses hun.

XX

Do you know how many weeks you should have been? I had a CP but it was very early. My period just came like normal. It sounds like prehaps the last bleeding had to do with the loss of the pregnancy and this bleeding is your period? Usually you wont get your period until hCG levels are close to 0 so maybe your body was waiting for that.

Did they do more than 1 blood test to show that levels were falling?

I'm so sorry for your losses. There seem to be a few ladies on here with one child followed by multiple losses. Hugs

Last edited:
Went to gp today and I'm now being referred as after 3x mc I qualify for investigation so hopefully one way or another I'll find out what or if something is wrong

We've just started testing too.

Had some bloods at the gp last week to check clotting and we have our appointment at Miscarriage Clinic on 3rd August.

With over half of couples they don't find any cause or problems, which is apparently the best outcome.

Good luck hun.

XX

I've had 4 losses after my son who is now 7. I've started my recurrent miscarriage testing and had a few.. (lots) of other tears along route as during my last miscarriage I was hospitalised and unable to work for months.
So far I've had more blood tests than I care to count. The most likely option with me us an autoimmune disorder they just don't know which one! I'm being tested for Hughes and lupus with sjogrens thrown in for good measure.
Tomorrow I'm having both an abdominal and transvaginal scan.
My lung function is great but I have tachycardia still.
I've not had any blood results back yet but I'm glad to find others going through the same complications as me. Obviously I wish none of us would have to go through it. But hopefully we will all get answers one way or another.
I must admit so far I've been less than impressed with my gyne doctor. The others have all been great and 5/6 of them have come to the same conclusion that there is something wrong with my blood. But my gyne seems completely uninterested because I'm "only 30" he said "I never worry about people your age". Well excuse me but I'm worried!!! So I wish you better a better doctor than mine! He did however put me on prescription only high dose folic acid and recommended I take a daily baby aspirin. But as I'm keep having migranes I'm probably taking near enough a normal dose aspirin at the moment as I don't like mixing aspirin and ibrophen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back