mucus plug

pixie17

Reaction score
My understanding is that your mucus plug or 'show' is something that happens in one go, ie. not bit by bit over a couple of days. I also understood that is would have a little bit of blood in it but only a slight pinking. I suppose what i am trying to ask is; is it possible that your mucus plug can come away bit by bit and be clear and sticky?

I have always been under the impression that mucus plug can go bit by bit or even all in one go, even heard it can replenish itself if labour doesn't happen anytime soon after.

I may be wrong though but I am sure other girls will give their input if I am :) x

It is possible for bits of it to come away if I understand correctly. Not necessarily all in one go.

My sil told me her mucus plug came away bit by bit. I also read that the bloody show is not the same as the mucus plug. Apparently the bloody show is when your cervix starts thinning which can cause some capilaries to break and therefore some bleeding.

ok, good to know, thanks. ive had sticky pants today and yesterday (sorry tmi) but no blood and have been having very heavy achey period like sensation with the odd increase in intesity coupled with the odd pains (especially around my lower regions). nothing regular to think its actual labour but its just made me think that things may be moving along....

How far along are you? I have also read that it is possible to lose your mucus plug in such small amounts that you don't realize it, and some women don't lose it until they are well into labour.

I'm 40+6 and noticed yesterday I undoubtedly have clear mucus discharge which I definitely did not have before, I seem to be losing mine bit by bit too. Fingers crossed it's a sign that things are moving along.

i have been losing bits of mine since 28 weeks.(it does replenish) With Paige it all came in 1 go when my waters went and with jake i started losing it at 37 weeks xx

I also understand that it can come bit by bit, not all in one go, but it is normal to have normal discharge too I think...
xx

i have had a bit of jelly like discaharge today too....bit like snot...ha ha.....but just a yellow/creamy colour to it....so not sure what it is...

xx

i have had a bit of jelly like discaharge today too....bit like snot...ha ha.....but just a yellow/creamy colour to it....so not sure what it is...

xx

That sounds a bit like what I have, think its normal discharge :eh:

Your mucus plug can be lost at regrow at anytime, when you have your bloody show, that usually means labour is immanent sp?

im 37+2. i think i am having braxton hicks not the real thing. having that heavy period sensation which increases then decreases in intesity for about an hour or two then it goes. woke up with it about an hour ago. have also notice my bump has dropped a bit. so has my OH.

I was told in antenatal that when your plug goes it just goes and labour will start within 48 hrs. I said about bit by bit and replenishing and she said no :-/
I'd phone mw tbh x

seeing midwife tomorrow morning.

I am now also having stronger sharper pains in my lower stomach but not following a regular pattern......dont know what to make of it.

Hope you get an answer tomorrow. xx

saw my midwife today and she said all is a good sign. basically it is a combination of the head moving further down into position and my cervix softening getting ready for birth. the latter can either start happening when labour starts or, as in my case, can happen gradually on the lead up to the event. although she couldnt say it i got the impression that he may not be that far away from coming. yea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back