Movement

kittykitchn

Reaction score
According to the midwife and GP, I shouldn't even be feeling baby move yet (midwife in fact said it'll be gas). I've been feeling her since 12 weeks, with definite kicks since 15. And the last week I've been able to feel with my hand on the outside - definitely not gas! Anyway, just out of curiosity really, what would make me feel it earlier than "normal" with a first pregnancy? Is it to do with weight, or body shape, baby size or location..?

Secondly, over the last two days she's been moving less. Still squiggling, but not as frequently or as strongly. Is this something I should be concerned about at this stage, or just one of those things?

I felt movement from 15w, then they turned to kicks by 20 weeks. It is possible to feel bubbles butterflies which is usually signs of movement early.

Because your quite petite Id say it was quite possible too. Some report feeling movement from 13-14 weeks on..

I wouldnt worry about "counting the kicks" as such yet, baby still has tonnes of room in there to bounce about.

xxxx

Last edited:
I felt my 1st from about 19 weeks and my 2nd was about 22/23 weeks. But I did have antiror placenta 2nd time. I think they say monitor movement from around 27 weeks. I really recommend a website called count the kicks. They have a facebook page aswell. Loads of really good info about movement ect on there :) xx

I felt first movements at 15 weeks exactly, and from the outside from 20 weeks exactly. 12 weeks is quite early. It could be the case that the earlier movements you suspected were actually gas, but now it's baby?

I felt movements really early with this baby, I was heavier when expecting ds though so he probably had loads more room to move. When I was concerned about this I was told baby has lots of room to move and not to worry to much until after the 20 wk mark. For plenty of advice take a look at count the kicks.

If you're very aware of your body then I believe this is why you can feel movement early. Especially if you were TTC for a while, you learn to read your body very well.

Body size/weight could be why you're able to feel from the outside earlier than what is considered normal.

I was alot bigger with my first and I think I was 24 weeks before hubby could feel anything. This is my third and we've been able to see and feel outside movement from 16 weeks. I was a size 22, I'm now a size 10 and around 7 stone lighter this time! It's most definitely a reason for me x

Feeling a bit concerned... I said that I had felt less movement over the last few days, today there has been nothing so far. She's been squiggling away for a good few hours by now.
I've got doctors later anyway luckily, but hopefully Im just over worrying

Hi there,

Whilst I know it's worrying, my MW said not to worry too much about movement before 24 - 26 weeks. With my first, I didn't even feel her until I was 20+ weeks!

My baby went quiet on me the other day, but I'm convinced it had just turned around and I couldn't feel it any more.

Please try not to be anxious. My midwife also said to have a sugary drink, then lie on your left side for 2 hours. If you count 10 movements, all is well, but again, I think that's for when you're 24 weeks plus.

Hope your baby girl makes herself known soon. xx

I wouldn't worry, at this stage it's normal to not feel baby all the time. It's only from 24 weeks onwards that the frequency needs really keeping an eye on. I was the same at your stage, I would feel baby everyday then for a few days things would go quiet, then pick up again. Baby is still quiet small and moving around lots, you just can't feel it all!

Im 37 wks and although most of the time I feel tue big movements sometimes hubby will look at my tummy and say did that hurt and I hadn't felt it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back