Movement reassurance

Bunnykins

Reaction score
Hi, I dont know if this may help anyone else who is worrying, but my little man has really frightened me recently (I'm 28 + 4days), he's a lazy baby anyway and doesnt kick a great deal although he does have a definite routine, but the last day or two its dwindled down to about 10 kicks a day (and I'm talking the weakest kicks! I could hardly feel them). He doesnt seem to react to ice cold drinks or noises or poking, but then he never really has, like I say he seems quite lazy!!

Saw my midwife yesterday and his heartbeat was fine and strong but she seemed concerned by what I was saying about his movements and said that I should really monitor him the next day or so and ring triage immediately if there is any more reductions. Cue complete sleepless night from me last night, esp as OH knows someone who's baby was stillborn a few weeks ago after she was rushed in for lack of movement.

Anyhoo the reassuring bit is that I was sat at my desk this morning and was about 10 mins off ringing the hospital as I was so worked up about it and panicking, then I felt this almighty roly poly sensation in my bump, baby had definately flung himself over (not very gracefully might I add!!!) and all of a sudden I've had nearly 37 kicks into my belly button in last 2 hours!!! :dance: I think he must have been head down and the little kicks I'd felt were his tiny fists, and his big feet kicks were directed upwards where my placenta is and so were cushioned and I couldnt feel them, apart from the odd winded sensation which could well have been him knocking my all my organs into my lungs!!!

So for anyone else who gets a quiet couple of days, obviously monitor it very carefully and ring someone if your are at all worried, but it could possibly just be where the baby is lying and everything is actually fine!

Thats great to hear... do you know when you supposed to star monitoring from? is there a certain week? xx

that's a reassuring story :)

the only thing - couldn't mw feel which way around the baby was? I read somewhere that after about 23 weeks mw can easily tell that by examining your tummy?

Lisa_85, on the count the kicks website they said from week 28 I believe..

I think like i.love says you are supposed to start monitoring really closely from 3rd tri so any time from 26-28 weeks onwards, I know I had a scare at 21 weeks when I didnt feel him move much and MW said its cos he still had loads of room and not to worry, whereas this time round she was really concerned (which didnt help my panic!)

the only thing - couldn't mw feel which way around the baby was? I read somewhere that after about 23 weeks mw can easily tell that by examining your tummy?

yep they are supposed to be able to, but mine had a bit of trouble pinpointing exactly which way he was (probably as my bump is not entirely all baby, there is some aherm spare 'padding':blush: ), she said she thought he felt like he was head down with his back facing my left hand side, which would match up with my theory! Judging from the significant wallop I got when he rolled earlier I think he may have gone back to being head up again or at least lying sideways!!!!

That's reasuring, my baby was lazy for a couple of days but def back to normal today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back