Movement

Rachey

Reaction score
Had posted in the July Mummies thread about feeling less movement, seems like it's normal to feel less than before because of less room etc..

Lastnight though I hadn't really felt much so had a cold drink and lay down and me and OH gave my belly a little wiggle but there was nothing, after trying for about 25mins we felt him as if he rolled over or something so stopped worrying as much!

This morning I was still wondering if he was ok so lay down for over half an hour there with a drink and gave him a good wiggle but don't feel anything back.

Would you phone up about not feeling as much? Feel like I'm being a pain and worrying over nothing but usually when I lie down and give him a good wiggle he gets moving a bit!

Sorry for the long post girls! :flower: xxx

Last edited:
I would just call your midwife and they will get you in to have baby monitored for an hour or so. My widwife expressed that is what they are there for and if at all worried, get it checked out!! Go onj, do it now - put your mind at rest!

Hiya rachey, i mentioned this at my last mw appt as i felt baba had been moving less and i did say "i'm assuming i'll start feeling less movement because baby is getting bigger" and she said no you should still feel at least 10 movements a day. Don't want to worry you hun, but if you feel like its alot less movement..even to put your mind at ease, i'd give the mw a phone.

Oh and my mw said that you can feel the 10 movements all at once, they don't need to be spread out during the day.

I've been counting mine more recently and actually surprised at how much i feel baba move during the day - lots! xxx

Like a wee ScottiSh thread going on here lol. Have you called midwife? I had a quiet day on Saturday and was just about to call when baby decided to wake up and started doing an impression of a washing machine for the next 3 hours - not just movement but completely turned around - it was totally wierd!!

Im sure its fine luvie , but if your worried call and get looked at . MY mw always says they would rather you come in and there be nothing wrong than to come in too late .

my midwife told me that any reduced movements i should give them a call and pop in for them to check and put me on monitoring if needed...she said thats what they are there for and they would rather you go in and everythings fine than you leave it and its not fine

so give em a call, and go in...then you can laught at the fact little one will almost certainly be non stop when your there (thats whats happened to me lol)

Go with your gut instinct hun. If its worrying you, then yes defo give MW/hospital a call so as they can check alls well.

It might just be him having a lazy few days, and all is fine, but to put your mind at rest I'd ring up and ask to be checked.

Hope everythings ok. x

Thanks for your replys girls :)

Phoned MW at 1 and she said just to go straight up, they put me on the monitor thing for half an hour and everything was fine! He decided to have a wriggle lol.. I think I'm missing quite alot of movements when I'm walking about or busy doing things too. Gonna try and keep track of movement a bit more than I have been!

Kinda feel like I was worked up over nothing and wasted their time a bit :eh: - but still glad I went up to put my mind at ease cause he had me all worried! Little monkey!! :lol:

xxx

Last edited:
Glad they went and monitored you hun, saves you worrying! :) xx

Yeah I feel so much better now :) I never like phoning or going up but glad I did!

They said aswell that if people are ever worried about anything then they much prefer that we just phone than sit about worrying! :)

Hows things with you now hun? Have you to go for another scan? xxx

Last edited:
Hi Rachey def call hospital if you are concerned about a lack of movement. Do you have a doppler just to give you some reassurance for the time being?

Sorry, I hadn't read all the posts before I responded.

A girl I know was due the day after me. Last weekend she had noticed a lack of movement so went to hospital and got the news that the cord was wrapped around baby's neck. Unfortunately baby did not survive. Am devastated for her.

It has made me really paranoid about every movement. When I think baby has gone quiet I have been taking my doppler out - soooo glad I bought one of these in tri 1 - they really do help settle you when you are having a wee panic moment and there's no one there to reassure you or answer your query.

Aww that's so sad Xm2b :( so sorry to hear that.. Poor girl - she must be heartbroken :(

Really makes you think though - always better to be safe than sorry.. and I suppose thats what the MW's are there for!

xxx

Exactly Rachey. At the end of the day we are all new to pregnancy no matter how many babies we have or have had as every pregnancy is very different. Being anxious is normal. We read a lot of posts where MW's haven't been very professional or very sympathetic but I put this down to the MW just having a bad day.

Its always best to be safe than sorry x

I've had lack of move ment n also my belly has shrunk n gone really squishy when inmost down, I think it's a mixture of hot weather/ lack of space n just settling, plus as u said I just get on with things I'm so used to being kicked kicked n more kicked u just tend to forget it going on, x

I'm going to monitor mine now baby defo moving but no were near as much as she used to x

Ah that's great Rachey. Glad to hear that all is well and your mind has been put at ease. MWs are there to be contacted with your worries over pregnancy so you did the right thing. Don't feel like you wasted their time or anything. Its best that you get these things checked out asap. So defo always go with your gut instinct hun. x

Glad to hear you called and got checked Hun....def the best plan :)

For those that are interested there is a charity called count the kicks which aims to encourage those later in pregnancy to take more notice of movements to realise early if there is a problem.
I think it's a great idea, encourages you to take a bit of time out to monitor it each day and means hopefully if there are any problems they will be caught early enough

That's interesting teampc, never heard of that! Sounds like a good idea to take a wee half hour each day to count them though :) xxx

I can't remember I they have a website but they have a facebook page....just go on there and search count the kicks.....I think they have people all over the country :)
The idea is to monitor it the same time everyday to compare the movements :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back