Most unusual or out there baby name youve heard?

We have a few odd ones where I used to work. A precious and a Mercy, Minimol, a serenity, a chaviqua (which people called chav lol) we also had a chibuzo and a cheddima, my friends brother is called Abanob... Of course they're prob totally normal in other countries. I worked either a lady called primrose which is a lovely bit unusual name

Last edited:
We have a few odd ones where I used to work. A precious and a Mercy, Minimol, a serenity, a chaviqua (which people called chav lol) we also had a chibuzo and a cheddima, my friends brother is called Abanob... Of course they're prob totally normal in other countries. I worked either a lady called primrose which is a lovely bit unusual name

They sound like African names.

Precious, Mercy, Blessing/Blessed, Peace etc are common in Nigeria, Tanzania etc.

Saw a FB announcement yesterday welcoming baby Ornella to the world.

Never heard that name before.

XX

My Nana and Granddad were in a care home, and one of the staff was called Banana!

My LO Is Milania (mi-larn-ia) it's Latin for gracious & she was born on a Tuesday (Tuesday's child is full of grace)
My little sister is Eva which was really uncommon 8 years ago. But I've heard Jodie (for a boy) Tuesday, Jaycee, Claudia (not unusual I know but I've never met someone with the same name) Ace, ocean-blue, dolli-love. I'm a fan of unusual names but some I've heard make me go "whhhaaaa?"

Last edited:
When I was looking for names for my twins. I read an article and it said there are twins out there called Benson and hedges! Lol in my sons reception class there's 3 angels one is a boy, there is also an Alan which I hadn't heard in years xxx

My sister is called Saxon which is quite unusual. Also know a little boy called joby, love that name, never heard it before x

Some names I've heard is smiles, precious, blessing, tiger-lily and Afie

I've heard a few different ones.

Chason
Mwila
Ayla
Malachi (which I actually liked but my fella said no :( )

My daughter is called Serenity :)

Most unusual names I've heard recently are 'Envy' for a boy and 'Tinx' for a girl. Both of which are in my son's class at school. I love unusual names!

Ok so today I heard the most ridiculous name ive ever heard in my life, I thought it was a joke but it wasn't... Oral, yeah you read that right "oral" im laughing as I type this! Why on earth would you even associate that with your child's name!!!!! Some strange people around lol xxx

Ok so today I heard the most ridiculous name ive ever heard in my life, I thought it was a joke but it wasn't... Oral, yeah you read that right "oral" im laughing as I type this! Why on earth would you even associate that with your child's name!!!!! Some strange people around lol xxx

Omg lmao- imagine saying "I really like oral!" X

No way!!!! Some of these name. BTW Tinx is the name of my cat!!

We have an apprentice where I work called Gracie - not at all weird until you hear it with her surname, which is bacon. Gracie Bacon - what where her parents thinking?! :rofl:

My sister is called Saxon which is quite unusual. Also know a little boy called joby, love that name, never heard it before x

I actually can't stop laughing at this, proper tears running down my face. All I think of when I see 'Joby' is 'Jobbie'.... Scottish word for a poo :rofl: Sorry!!

Gruff! Also have a cousin called Amethyst x

Gruff is actually a Welsh shortened name of Gruffydd, which is a very old traditional Welsh Name. It is pronounced Grif and is really common in Wales.

Theres a little girl in my 8 year old cousins dance class called "Popsie"

My dad wanted to call me Precious, so pleased mum didnt let him. I have a double barrelled name so its unusual but I love it. I like Meadow and Rain and all things like that, on my list if I ever get pregnant! I love unique names and will pick something different from the norm

I have a friend whose girls have the most fabulously different names; Beatrix Buttercup Romany Anne and the other is Rosekit Ophelia Honey Blossom

The names my Mum had chosed for me were Lettice (yes, pronounced lettuce), Kitten and China. Thank god my dad was there to step in :') and now Olivia is actually really common so one extreme to another really.

Bea, which is lovely until you fond out it's short for Bandana...
I actually really like Bea on its own.

I went to school with Christopher and Andrew, which is all well and good until you realise you'll forever be known as Chris and Drew, and that neither go well with your surname: Peacock.
ChrisPea cock and DrewPea cock just... Oh dear.

I love the name River.
For a boy.
As in River Phoenix (rest his soul).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back