Moses basket or not?

We used it for 3 mths , but only downstairs had it in the lounge, when a baby is tiny, if you put them away upstairs to sleep , youreally do miss half their life and before you know it they are all grown up!!

We coslept for ages , still do when needed But had a cot bed, and it was too big to start with. If I had brought a new pushchair I would have gone for a carrytot one.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to have a moses basket, as I'm having a crib in my room and a cot in what will become the baby's room but then saw a really cheap lovely moses basket which my nan said I should get for if baby is asleep when downstairs in living room. x

We have a moses basket and we have it in the living room during the day/evening then when we're ready for bed if Jack's asleep we'll carry him up stairs in it. We also have 3 flights in our house and apart from Jack making it heavy our basket is very sturdy x

Am having all three, moses basket for downstairs, crib for in our room and a cot for the nursery.

Not greedy, just got some great bargains, moses basket was £3 second hand and a new mattress was £7. The crib and cot have been made by OH who is a carpenter by trade, from offcuts of oak he had left over after a previous job. Mattresses for the two were both on sale online.

Total cost for the lot, including finishing (varnish etc) of the cot and crib and mattresses was less than £75.

Am having all three, moses basket for downstairs, crib for in our room and a cot for the nursery.

Not greedy, just got some great bargains, moses basket was £3 second hand and a new mattress was £7. The crib and cot have been made by OH who is a carpenter by trade, from offcuts of oak he had left over after a previous job. Mattresses for the two were both on sale online.

Total cost for the lot, including finishing (varnish etc) of the cot and crib and mattresses was less than £75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back