Morning Sickness

LossiB

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone could tell me when morning sickness usually starts at what week? Im 5+1 and get a sicky feelings at different times of the day but when i eat it goes away!!! Im just struggling with wanting to sleep all the time... wish i could hibernate!!

I feel the exact same. Im 6+1 weeks and I feel like I could sleep forever. I haven't been sick yet, but couldnt put anything in my mouth for fear of throwing up...

I am roughly 5 weeks and as yet I haven't had much nausea. I just feel the need to eat a lot, so much so I have put on 6lbs since the beginning of May, I was gutted!!! x

Feeling exhausted was my biggest issue. Had some nausea start around week 7/8 and then it's died off again now.

i've been feeling nauseous too, but it does go away when i eat something. Have you tried ginger nuts? godsend!! Perfect if you're not hungry, but have those queasy pangs xx

I'm 5+4 today and have just sat here thinking "don't feel so good.." It's only just gone 5:30am, so I don't feel like eating, so I have just nibbled 2x ginger nuts :good: and I feel better.

I think MS might be just around the corner for me... :shock:

There really is no answer to this question as it differs for every person. I for example have never had morning sickness (sorry girls ;p) but then I've heard It kicking in with others as early as 5 weeks.

I just snacked on ginger biscuits because I liked them lol maybe that's the secret! X

My sickness kicked in about a week ago :( its an overwhelming nausea and is actually starting to get me down now. Random smells send me running straight for the loo, even the smell of bread is making me throw up!

I just snacked on ginger biscuits because I liked them lol maybe that's the secret! X

I went and bought 3 packs of these this morning (they were on offer in my defence ;)) but the checkout man did look at me as I was slightly mad haha. They have been the only thing that's helped me when I've felt bad though so I love them :dance:

Always had a bit of sickness since got PG but it's hit me like a brick at 7 weeks.
Peppermint tea nd ginger nuts hardly have an effect now :( Just want MS to stop!

With my little boy i had really bad morning sickness and was in hospital for almost all the first 12 weeks. The only think that used to make me feel better was warm orange squash before i got out of bed. Its still early days for me but i really hope its not as bad this time!!xx

I had morning sickness and all day nausea from about 6 weeks onwards and to be honest it still hasn't fully gone. For most ladies, eating little and often, ginger, peppermint, lemon, sucking on ice, etc can help.

I tried 2 anti-emetics and neither worked (luckily though I did not get it as bad as some in that I was still able to stay hydrated and didn't need a drip or hospitalisation) For me the nausea is the bigger problem as smells, etc can have me retching and if i come across any food that's gone off thats me dry retching for the next half hour!

The only thing that now stops me from feeling the nausea daily is acupuncture. I only wish i had started it earlier as I didn't go for it until I was well over 12 weeks! (and Ive had it lots of times before in the past for other things).

Basically, my advise would be try dietary stuff first then maybe look at an alternative therapy (someone who is trained in antenatal care though). Someone on here even had acupuncture from their GP on here (which is when i thought to give it a go!)

I hope that it all passes for you quickly, but if like me, it doesn't then don't give up on looking for 'cures'!X

I've been sick once throughout tri 1, and that was when I didn't even feel sick! I've always had the feelings of nausea but I hate being sick so think I've managed to hold back. It differs per person as every pregnancy is different.

I started having nausea about 5/6 weeks which turned to sickness about 7 weeks and still hasn't stopped bar 1 week. I'm afraid to say that I have found nothing that works! I tried acupuncture but unfortunately it didn't work for me so I'm just have to stick it out. Luckily once I'm sick in the morning it doesn't bother me too much through the day, unless triggered by a smell. I haven't been able to do the washing up for weeks (not that I'm complaining but OH is!) because I cannot be near dirty dishwater! And I daren't open the fridge on some days because even the smell of that can set it off :( I hope it ends soon! I'm definitely going to try that warm orange squash thing tomorrow morning though!x

About 6 weeks was when I started to feel sick all day everyday, I'm 11 weeks now and still get it with. Headaches :( finding it hardto eat also, dr gave me steamtil sickness tablets, I take 1 when I feel completely awful.

good luck with yours x

**** ps... How do I get a pregnancy counter pic? :) ****

Last edited:
For thr past 3weeks I have ever only felt sick never actually been sick. I said to my other half that I wish I could just be sick to get rid of the feeling. Now for the past 3days I have been sick 4times and regret ever say I wish I cud just be sick :-( it awful but usually a good sign. My last pregnancy I was sick all the way through from about 11weeks. every woman is different

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back