Morning Sickess - All day!!

Ms Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I was really lucky with Son Number 1 and never had any morning sickness - however with this little bug (I've just turned 7 weeks) I'm feeling rotten most of the day.

Is this how it usually feels? I just feel like I'm about to vomit (tmi) all the time, but I'm never sick. I'm eating and drinking (quite a bit more drinking as I'm pretty thirsty).

Is this normal? I thought it sort of came in waves! But this is pretty consistent. It's been going on for about 10 days to two weeks now. I suppose it's a good sign that little bug is still there doing the hormone thing!

Mine was all day too - and I had no appetite which made it really hard to make myself eat. When I did, I felt better for about 10 minutes, then I'd feel worse than before. I did lots of retching and gagging, and felt on the verge of throwing up most of the time, but was only actually properly sick a handful of times. It peaked around week 7/8, then got gradually better, and now it's pretty much gone altogether.

I know how rotten it feels, but it will get better soon - hang in there! :hug:

Its a good sign though yes? We lost one back in July at 6 weeks (found out after bleeding at 8 weeks). With that one I just felt ILL - not sick, but ill....this is completely different.

its a good sign hun, dont worry i was like this from week 3 of my pregnancy all day every day right up to delivering her sorry hun but mine didnt get better....BUT i know its a good sign as i had a threatend miscariage at 12 weeks but i was still bein sick the hospital sed it was a good sign and sure enough she was fine :D gud luck hun, and try ice pops they helped me xxx

:hug: Aww hun

With Olivia I felt pretty much like that, couldn't really eat though and lived off fizzy drinks until around 9/10 weeks it was awful.

Where as this time I have hardley felt anything at all apart froma abit of nausia in the morning, extreme hunger and bad fatigue.

Though my best friend who is pregnant around the same time as me, with her first (a boy) she felt ok but with this pregnancy she is suffering terribly but is vomiting daily :(

It just goes to show every pregnancy is different, but I do hope you feel much better soon, you should do by 12 weeks when the placenta takes over but hopefully it wont take that long

As for symptoms being a good sign yes they are, but if you dont get any or as many it doesnt mean its not a good sign, all pregnancies are different.

I had a miscarriage in June and I had hardley anything then, well they suddenly stopped for me, so this time when having not that many I was worried but I have had scans that show an active little baby, you may have seen this before wrote by members to remember it "new egg and new sperm"

:hug:

I am finding that mine is on and off throughout the day rather than just 'morning' or any other specific time of day (although my worst time for everything is between 2 and 3pm).

I'm just going for the whole principle that if I fancy something to eat, i have it quick before I change my mind!

I had to drag myself out of bed and lose my chance for a nap becuase I had a sudden craving for pick and mix! But was glad I did as they did make me feel better for a while. Have made sure I have loads of snacky bits in the house as am more likely to be able to eat little bits and pieces than a sandwich or something like that (SOOO off bread at the moment)

Hopefully it will get better for you hun :hug:

I feel nauseous all day, but the night-times are the worst for me, from 11pm-4am-ish, its horrible.
I've only actually been sick once though, good times lol.
xx

I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow as I've had around 10 days to myself. At home I can control the temperature, I can control the smells, I can eat what I want when I want. In work I'm going to be sharing an office with a guy who has BO and eats horrible hot take away food at his desk. One of the other guys likes to have a portable heater on all day. If I put yoghurts in the fridge or bread in the kitchens they get nicked.

So where does all this lead ......... smells make me feel sick. Eating makes me feel sick. Being too hot makes me feel sick. Have I ever been sick with Bean - no. Do I feel like trying to make myself gag - been there, done that, no luck.

Today in the local shopping centre was a nightmare. Being outside in the freezing cold air was bliss compared to inside where every little smell was making me feel nauseous. Bottom line, every person is different and every pregnancy is different. Good luck - I think we'll need it!

I am the same at the moment - dreading work tomorrow!

I work in a hospital - you can just imagine the smells that drift round the wards.....

The cleaners come round everyday and the smell of bleach currently makes me gag.

My office is above a cafe that does cheese toasties - the smell makes me want to vom.

I have to be on the wards at mealtimes watching other people eat - watching people eat :puke: , smelling food :puke:

Why do I feel this may not be a positive experience?

Mine was all day too. I wore sickness bands from Boots and drank ginger tea and ginger beer :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back