Moisturiser

Happybunny

Reaction score
I wonder if any of you could recommend a good moisturiser or skin care routine.

I have been using Clinique 3 Step for about 6 years and has always been good. About 6 months ago I started to get really really dry skin on my forehead. It is so dry that I have to apply three lots of moisturiser in the morning to make the flakiness disappear. (chin and crease in nose is very oily :? ) It could be stress and hormone changes I have been going through in the last year with two m/c or it could be that these products are no longer good for my skin. I know skin does change as you get older.

Anyone had a similar problem, or got a skin care routine or moisturiser they swear by?

Would love any suggestions

Michelle
xx

You could try just adding an application of E45 to your morning routine, I've always had really dry skin and I swear by it.
I do tend to find that clinique products (especialy their cleansers) are too strong for my skin, for cleansers and moisturisers I dont think they come much better than the "Simple" range, their eye make up remover is amazing too, no matter how clumsy you are with it, it never makes your eyes sting!

Hi happybuny
I also used to use Clinique and had been doing for years, but like you I developed an excema on my forehead and the toner irritated it and the moisturiser just didn't seem to work any more. I have swapped to nivea visage moisturiser (rich daily moisturiser with aloe vera). There are quite a few different ones in this range depending on your skin type. I have found this loads better and my skin is ok again now. Plus its loads cheaper than buying clinique all of the time.
Sarah x

I found out last year when I was at a health spa that the clinique toner range is really bad for you as it contains alcohol and strips your skin. I love the yellow dramatically different moisturiser though, I think that is really good and that isn't bad for you!

I have terrible skin on my forhead its very dry and flaky (or used to be)

I saw a makeup artist last year in preparation for my wedding and she recommended Clarins products they're about the same price as Clinque but the moisturiser is wonderful its called Multi-active Day Cream Protection Plus - there's one for dry skin and normal skin,

She also recommended using Clarins Moisture Quenching Hydra Care Lotion about once or twice a month it's like a face mask but doesn't go dry and crack but my skin always feels lovely afterwards.

Edit - I meant to add since being pregnant my body skin has become very dry and itchy and I've bought Acquacen (sp) cream from the chemist and I put this on my face at night and its lovely.

Bio Oil's easy to use and your skin will feel lovely afterwards for hours :)

Thank you so much for the replies. I might have a liitle try of everyone's suggestion and see which one suits best.

Missac - a beauty therapist told me the same thing about the toner...I didn't change because the 3 step was working at that time and has done for 6 years. May be now that I am older, the toner is just too harsh.

thank you again everyone, I really appreciate it.

:hug: M
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back