Dry Skin/Acne. Moisturiser help?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
I've always had smooth skin but since being pregnant all my facial skin has started to get really dry and peel off :( not a pretty sight.

I don't use any type of moisturiser as I never really had to but now I'm looking to buy one that will help with the dry skin and hopefully sooth this horrible acne I've been getting.
I was thinking of getting a Palmers one, as I need to get myself some Palmers cocoa butter for my belly anyway, but if anyone has any suggestions I'll gladly take them on board! :)

Thanks xxx

Do you exfoliate? That will help loads. If you get a moisturiser, make sure it's for dry skin too.
I use elemis and decleor which are fab products but can be quite pricy. I used to use simple which is cheap and quite good!

Do you exfoliate? That will help loads. If you get a moisturiser, make sure it's for dry skin too.
I use elemis and decleor which are fab products but can be quite pricy. I used to use simple which is cheap and quite good!

Hey hun, I don't exfoliate no.
I used Elemis for a while (the day cream) it was fab! Unfortunately it ran out and I haven't bought a new one due to the price. I still have some products left over though :)

Mum uses decleor and I do use some of their products also.
Think I'm going to get my hands on some high street moisturiser whilst I save up for some Elemis ;D xxx

i think that probably your skin is dehydrated rather than dry, does it feel tight on yur cheeks? I think that you should try drinking more water and eat less salt etc. I htink the spots might be hormonal so you dont want to go crazy on your skin in case it makes it allergic. I agree with the other ladies that you need to try a gentle everyday exfoliator, try the dermalogica daily microfoliant (bit pricey but worth it) which will help clear away dead skin and any dirt which might cause spots. Try to use a light moisturiser and apply it more often if you feel you need it.
Sorry to go on a bit!!
xxxx

I love Olay daily moisturiser for sensitive skin. I like it coz it's water based, moisturisers that are too rich make my skin too oily and then spotty!

i think that probably your skin is dehydrated rather than dry, does it feel tight on yur cheeks? I think that you should try drinking more water and eat less salt etc. I htink the spots might be hormonal so you dont want to go crazy on your skin in case it makes it allergic. I agree with the other ladies that you need to try a gentle everyday exfoliator, try the dermalogica daily microfoliant (bit pricey but worth it) which will help clear away dead skin and any dirt which might cause spots. Try to use a light moisturiser and apply it more often if you feel you need it.
Sorry to go on a bit!!
xxxx

WSS ^^

I used to use dermalogica before the local salon that sold it closed, good stuff but bit pricey from some places.

Just thought I'd let you ladies know I've been using an SBC moisturiser for a few days now. Twice a day!
It settles into my skin lovely and I haven't had any oily skin for a few days now. Hopefully it helps with my acne too.

Going to get some exfoliator when I can though :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back