Dry skin........everywhere!!

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hey Ladies, any hints and tips for dry skin? I resorted to using sudocrem on my legs cause they are so dry they feel chapped. I think it's probably a combination of the weather and hormones, but every nook and cranny seems to be drying up!! So far I've been using a cocoa butter moisturiser, E45 and baby oil, any other suggestions other than bathing in a vat of moisturiser?? (So tempted!! :think:)

:thanks: in advance!

I was just about to make a thread about this!:lol:

I have never suffered from dry skin in my life, until now! In between my fingers are so dry it's peeling off. I'm creaming my skin so much. At the moment after i have had a bath i've been using soap and glory's 'the righthes butter' you apply it on to damp skin. That seems to be working for my body it's my poor hands :shakehead:. xx

I knew I wouldn't be alone!! I'm so dry at times it looks like I'm growing scales!! Not very attractive at all!! Just as well it's so cold so I can cover up my new found reptile appearance with as many clothes as possible!! :cold:

I knew I wouldn't be alone!! I'm so dry at times it looks like I'm growing scales!! Not very attractive at all!! Just as well it's so cold so I can cover up my new found reptile appearance with as many clothes as possible!! :cold:

hahaha
i'm glad i'm not alone!
My face and legs are very badly affected and nothing is working. I am exfoliating from top to toe every single day then covering myself in cream or oil but it isn't making the slightest bit of difference!!!

I too look like a reptile :( My skin is terribly dry and sore in places, i just keep slopping on the moisturiser but it's not doing much good xx

Top Tip for Skin

Apr 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM #1

Hi Ladies,

I'm so impressed with the results I just had to share with you!...

Grapeseed Oil for baby's skin is fab! We've had a few flare ups of threatened excema when it's just at that dry or spotty stage. E45 made it worse, Aqueous cream didn't make any difference, Aveeno worked for a while, then made his skin really sticky. Then I ventured away from conventional remedies to be found in a tube and tried Olive Oil which made him smell like food!

With the Grapeseed Oil his skin is already so hydrated and soft. It's not left oily and it doesn't smell.

Have a good day! It's beautiful and sunny here. (Yorkshire)
Ladybird xx

Just found this post from 2008, I wonder if it's just as good on mummies skin as it is on babies???? The next post in the thread said it was only 80p for a big bottle. I might try and hunt it down and give it a go, I'll try anything!!!

Grapeseed oil is also great to use to massage the perineum ;)

Oh my!!!!:shock: I think that's the only part of me that isn't in need of moisturising (tmi). I suppose this grapeseed oil is worth a go then, and seems to be good for all stages of pregnancy, birth and when bubs is born!

Last edited:
:lol: Get OH to give it a rub....make sure it's nice and supple so it doesnt tear and twangs back into place after!

Lol, and it started off as such an innocent topic! :rotfl:

:bum:I'll have no trouble persuading him!! If only he would do the housework so willingly!!!!! :rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back