Missed miscarriage at 10 + 5.

ouzel

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I found out on Monday morning that my baby stopped growing at about 6 weeks. The only sign I had was a tiny amount of dark brown spotting on Sunday afternoon. I just new straight away that I'd lost my baby. All of my pregnancy symptoms stopped, as though the switch had been turned off. Monday morning I went down to the epu for a scan and the midwife found the baby but no heartbeat and much smaller than it should be :(
I was visiting family down in London and due to fly home to Scotland that afternoon so my poor DH had to take our son out of school for 2 days and drive down to pick me up. I've cried so much over the past few days i feel wrung out :cry:
I had to go to the epu today for another scan to see if there was any change (there wasn't) I thought that they'd deal with it today but I've been sent home and told to go back on Wednesday for another scan.
It all seems to be taking so long, I just want to put it behind me so I can mourn our lost baby and all the dreams we had for the summer but they keep putting it off.
I'm so worried that I'm going to start miscarrying in front of our son, He'd be mortified. What on earth would I tell him :(
Anyway I've waffled on, sorry.

Nikki :cry:

ohhh big hugs, i dont know what to say but didnt want to read and run... :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's the most devastating thing to go through and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Take care hun xx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

o hun im so sorry. :hug: it must be such a pain they keep doing scans. im sure they told u if u start bleeding more or heavy to go back to epu or a&e. i hope they sort somehting out soon so u can concentrate on coming to terms with ur loss. im so sorry. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. It took a week from when they told me that I had a blighted ovum until my body expelled the pregnancy. It will be just like a very heavy period and your son probably won't even notice. Hopefully, they may offer you some treatment if nature hasn't taken its course by then. I really hope that you are ok :hug:

I am sooooo sorry hon - I know that wrung out feeling! Thinking of you & hope it's over for you very soon :hug: :hug:

LLx

Thank you for you hugs, it really does make a difference :hug:
I keep telling myself it's common, and I've since read that most women will experience at least one miscarriage.
Doesn't help when I turn the light out at night though. :cry:

Nikki
x

i know how horrible it feels and it does only ease once your body is back to normal :hug: theres nothing anyone can say really that helps, but just being held by your partner is comforting. i dont know how to explain to a 7-year-old my daughter was only 17 months at the time she didnt understand so in a way it was easier.

so sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww Hun xx sending you some :hug:

I had a missed miscarraige in April, happened at 11 weeks so about the same as you, I found out on the Thursday, had to travel 2 hours to another hospital to a EPU on the friday to get scanned again, as our local one only has a midwife lead unit.

They coinfirmed it ! then sent me home for the weekend, I was worried all weekend I would start bleeding, but it never happened, I hated the thought of baby not being alive inside me and found it very upsetting, I then had my D & C on the monday morning, but it seemed like the longest few days ever.

Are you going to have a D & C or one of the other options?

xxxx

Once again all thanks so much for the hugs, they really do help :hug:

firstangel, I had my first scan last Monday down in London came home to Scotland on Tuesday had second scan on Wednesday and have been sent home until this coming Wednesday.They also said it could take another 2 weeks to fit me in for medical management or a D&C :shock: I've just started to bleed a bit heavier after not much at all for the past week so I think this could be the start of it coming away :(
I'd much rather have a D&C for all sorts of reasons so i'm going to call tomorrow and try to move things on.

I just want this over with now so I can lick my wounds and move on.

Nikki
x

I think its terrible they are making you wait !

Which part of Scotland are you from?

It was Paisley that I had my D & C.

:hug: :hug:

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this, hon. I had a similar experience in September. Just want to give you these: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:. Don't worry about your son b/c you'll know in advance - it'll be more like a heavy extra crampy period rather than just happening all at once. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Well it all happened naturally yesterday dinner time. About 5:30 I had the most awful stomach cramps. They caught me off guard as there was no build up they pretty much came out of nowhere. I was laid in bed dosed up with nurofen and paracetamol with hubby begging me to go to hospital while all I could do was shake and cry :cry: Sorry if TMI but i felt like i was wetting myself and when I looked i was covered in blood which caused Hubby to go into meltdown but I was still determined not to go to hospital. I'm so glad i stayed at home as 15 minutes after the pain and heavy bleeding started I rushed to the loo and passed what must have been the sack (I was too scared to look :( ) With that the pain eased right off and today i've had almost no pain and the bleeding now is very light. Fingers crossed this is it all coming to an end and we can start to move on.I've got a scan at Stirling tomorrow that was booked last week so I'm going to go and see if everything has come away. It should have been my 12 week scan tomorrow so it's an extra sad day :(
In all I'm feeling ok with it now and just glad the end is in sight. I want to get back on track and back into tri 1 ASAP!
I feel a 2010 baby on the cards :pray:

It's my birthday in two weeks and Hubby is booking us all a 4 day break to disneyland paris so we all have something too look forward to in a couple of weeks time. :)
Thank you all sooo much for helping me through this horrible time :hug:

Nikki
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare