"Missed miscarriage"

ClaireSarah

Reaction score
Hi guys, feeling a bit upset right now, in fact it's a little hard to see what i'm writing through the tears in my eyes.

I went to the hospital yesterday for my dating scan at 10 weeks. Ben (Husband) and I were so excited and were looking forward to seeing our baby on the screen. I knew something was wrong when the synographer could not find anything and asked if she could do an internal scan. The worst feeling in the world happened when she says i'm sorry. I was in bits, she told me that "the gestation sac was at 10 weeks, however the fetal pole was only six weeks in size". The cells that would have been a baby just stopped growing, she said that the heart never started to beat, and i do understand that there was most probably something so wrong with it that nature took over.

I still feel pregnant though, it's horrible i was taken into another room and was advised i had two options, either to wait and let my body catch up and eventually start to bleed, or book in for a D&C. I opted for the second as i just want it out of me! I am booked in for thursday and am terrified. The thought of having the tissue sucked out is horrible, apparently they call it "evacuation".

I keep breaking down, i am still experiencing pregnancy symptoms, and still have a slightly larger belly as the sac is still growing!?! I just feel like i'm in limbo right now. Ben has been absolutely wonderful and i love him so much. I am only 24 and we got pregnant our first try, so right now i do feel optomistic. I know the pain will ease in time i just feel so exhausted.

Thanks for listening to me.

Claire

Hello
I'm so so sorry I've been through it myself.
Don't worry too much about the D&C - it's not as bad as it sounds. I chose to have one too and you have some period like pains when you wake up but they go pretty quickly. I don't regret that decision at all.
There's not much I can say to make you feel better because you'll be feeling so raw but my thoughts are with you.
It you want to ask any questions you can PM me or post.

Louise x

ClaireSarah

I'm very sorry for your loss. Just wanted to send lots of hugs your way.

LBxx

So sorry for your loss the exact same thing happened to me last year and I never saw it coming at all, I was devastated. The D and C is straight forward enough then it gives you time to grieve. I remember the worst thing being I still felt pregnant and it took a few days after the op for that feeling to go. GIve yourself time to grieve then try again. We did and am now 20 weeks pregnant. Good luck and keep your chin up

Hay girly

I know you probably don't want to talk at the mo, I just wanted you to know that my heart is with you and i am so very sorry.

Send my love to Ben.

If you need to talk day or night you've got my number.

Loads of love and hugs

Gemma xx

Hi

I am sending you hugs in your direction.

I don't know how you are feeling at the moment so I am not going to pretend that I do..... but all I can do is send my best wishes your way.

Love and many hugs

Sarah W

Sorry for your loss...

Hugs and best wishes... try to stay positive for the future..

Anna Marie
x

So sorry hun for your loss.....

My love to you and your partner,

xxxx

Thank you so much for all of your support, everything went well on Thursday, just left with a sore throat from the pipe for my airway!

Love
Claire xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back