what is this pain????

babydust

Reaction score
:shock: i am just looking for any advice i have had a really sharp pain on my left side on and off for 2 days now it feels like ov pain but stronger i have also had really painful neck down my left side which came on about 2 days after my d&c i just thought they may have streatched my neck a little to far in theatre :think: but it doesnt seem to be getting better and now the pain in my side is really starting to bug me, does anyone have any explanation for it, i would go to my gp but they are completly useless :roll:

It sounds very much like a Ectopic pregnancy. I don't want to scare you but I had one and those are the Ectopic pregnancy symptoms.

pleas do a pregnancy test and if it comes out positive contact your doctor ASAP!

It might also be that there is still something left in the uterus from the mc, pleas contact your dc!

good luck :hug:

my tests are all still positive from my m/c, which is quite normal for me, it took over 2 weeks for them to go that last time, it is a possability that there is something still in but i have had no discharge just this niggling pain
thanks for your advice i think i will call my dr

babydust said:
my tests are all still positive from my m/c, which is quite normal for me, it took over 2 weeks for them to go that last time, it is a possability that there is something still in but i have had no discharge just this niggling pain
thanks for your advice i think i will call my dr

:hug: there is no need to have a discharge, it can still mean thre is something in there. let us know what your dr said!

:shock: ok i'm a bit scared now.

A few days after my D&C i developed a really bad pain in the left side of my neck and shoulder. Sometimes so bad that i couldn't take off my jumpers as the pain was so bad and OH had to help me.

Its been about 7 weeks since my D&C and i sometimes have a funny pulling feeling in my left side, under my ribs. I feel it more so if i take a large intake of breath.
Also my pg tests were testing positive for about 5 weeks afterwards.

I went to my docs after D&C (i had op in another country whilst away for Xmas hols) so i wanted to get checked out by my own doc. She didn't carry out any internal, refer me to hosp or anything. Just felt my stomach and asked if it hurt. I said it was very tender (which in my mind would be obvious as I had been in pain for hours till i passed my baby 2 days beforehand).

I suppose what i'm trying to say is do you think i should have insisted that i was sent to hosp once i was back home to be checked out properly and make sure no tissue was remaining.

Sorry it was a long post. :hug:

i think you should be fine glittergirl, i think if it was anything to worry about the pain wouldnt have gone, i think you would know by now if it was anything serious and i see that you have had af since, it actually make me less worried now after reading that you have had much the same thing as i have now.
well i called my dr's and i cant get an appointment until next tuesday :x so i will wait and see how it goes over the next day or so and i will be demanding an appointment if it gets worse, i was told on the phone "oh you are bound to have crampy pain after something like that" :roll: dont know why i bothered phoning dont they know i am a pro at d&c's now and have never had anything like this. well i will sue their ass off if anything happens.

Thanks for replying Babydust.

I certainly know what you mean about the docs. They either do their best to keep you away or rattle through a 5 min appointment which makes you think you have wasted your own time (not bothered about their time its what they are paid for).

Before Xmas i rang them saying i had constant crampy pains, they put me through to speak to my doc and she said to monitor it and if were still the same then ring her back the next day. So i did as they were still there. I had to drop a water sample in on Christmas Eve and she said the nurse would look straight into it and ring me once it had been dipped. The nurse rang me about an hour later saying Oh nothing to worry about there is no infection. So i said oh was just worried as i am going out of the country tomorrow and didn't want to risk anything with me being 10/11 weeks pregnant. We carried on chatting about various other things the pain could be linked to then out she comes with "Is there any chance you could be pregnant" :shock:
I nearly collapsed with shock and said as calmly as i could I AM PREGNANT thats why i'm worried and i have gone through all this with my doctor:shock:
She then went quiet and said oh right i didn't know well i guess it could be stretching pains. So then i started panicing that maybe i wasn't even pregnant if her test hadn't even picked it up.
Done another test at home and it came up positive to my relief
Exactly a week after that conversation i m/c :cry:

I hope you get some sort out sense out of your docs next week, its disgusting that thats the earliest appointment for you. So annoying too when they diagnose you over the phone without any idea of whats happening to your body. Is it really too much to ask for a thorough medical after what we have been through.

Hope you are feeling better soon :hug:

Usually girls you get a pain in the tip of your shoulder with an ectopic - if you look over your shoulder and look down that part of the shoulder is where you get pain - its due to bleeding putting pressure on your diaphragm.

To be honest I would get any pain checked out - I had constant low level pain from October through to December when they found my ectopic - I am sure its not but its not worth the risk :)

ROM - I had the pain for a few weeks. This may be a really dumb question but would a D&C have removed the foetus if it were ectopic or would that need seperate surgery?

I have no pain in shoulder now but i just have this niggling feeling in my side, have done since before my m/c. Only way i can explain it is if i breathe in really deeply then it feels like a pulling or an elastic band pulling tightly :think: . Plus i have had af since, although it was really really heavy and a few clots (sorry tmi)

I guess i should always listen to my first instincts it just i'm like babydust and am totally fed up with docs and doing nothing.

thanks rom :hug:
tbh i dont think my pain has to do with ectopic, the baby i m/c was deff where it should have been and she had a good look about when she scanned me.
the pain in my side feels like a tight knot to the left of my pubic bone and my neck is painful and stiff but i really think its down to a bit of rough on the table.

i think by the time we have our lo's we will come out of here with a dr's qualification :rotfl:

Hey girls

I could not respond sooner sorry!

I didn't mean to say that you had a EP it just sounded like it or something that was left in there. But by all means I am no dc heheh

But as ROM said, any pains should be checked out.

I'm rather surprised at the dc! that they treat patients so badly! omg... Thank god for my DC then .. she is a angel!!

you are lucky to have a good dr maya my dr is rubbish and to this day i still blame him for my dd having lost a kidney, i took her down after fighting all morning to get an appointment asap i would rather have had house call :x anyway being a paediatric nurse myself i knew she was really ill and he just said it was viral and gave her nothing,didnt even check her urine even though i told him i thought it was an infection, it turned out she had a really bad kidney infection and was rushed into a&e the next day, this infection scarred her kidney and it ended up having to be removed, since this has happened i have no bloody faith left in dr's, i know i have gone off track here but i just wanted to explain haow bad my dr was and how lucky you are to have a good dr. My dh is at a different practice and his dr isnt much better, this area must have the worst dr's in history.

OMG babydust that is horribel :x :x :x ....

And there is no other dc in the area???

:hug: :hug: :hug:

maybe if you go to the hospital? would they help you there?
:hug:

Claire I know what you mean about loosing all faith in the GP - what with me telling them I felt pregnant for 4 months and them basically telling me to go away and stop being paranoid; my uncle also had a really bad time just before christmas, he was feeling so poorly and couldnt get his breath - to cut a long story short he begged them to take him into hospital on the Sunday before christmas, the very next day (christmas eve) his wife called them out at 11.00 pm and they rushed him to intensive care - his oxygen sats were 1%!!! He nearly died, he had total pnumonia (SP!) - he had to go in on his own - they have a 6 year old who was asleep in bed waiting for Santa!! Now he has been told that it has caused permanent damage to his heart valves and he has to give up work or they give him no more than 10 years!!!

thats terrible rom, dr's like to wait until you are nearly on your death bed before they do anything now and they seem to be against prescribing anything, now if i take the girls down i usually phone nhs24 for a 2nd opinion. we do have another dr who is really nice but she only works part time as she has young kids so its really hard to get an appointment. My dh is at another surgery and his isnt much better you can bearly get past the receptionists.

Its awful isnt it - There are 2 excellent doctors at ours but thas not good when you think there are about 7 in total!! Just before I was taken into hospital in December I had an appointment with a "doctor" who kept on leaving me to go and ask "a proper doctor" what to do!! Didnt actually give me much faith.... :D The problem is if you feel you have something serious to talk to them about you have to book about 3 weeks in advance to get to see one of the two I trust!!

I agree NHS direct are fantastic - I find it really helps to get past the dragon on reception if I say I have spoken to them first.....

I suppose we should be glad we dont have to pay for our health service but to be honest when I did have health cover with my job the service was amazing....

hope all is well hun and u get checked properly by ur doc. :hug:

the pain has just about gone and im starting to spot again i only bled for 2 days after the d&c so im wondering if this is af starting although it does seem a bit soon :think:
and my dd has let slip that im getting a back neck and shoulder massage for mothers day :cheer:

Lucky you Claire - I love being pampered :D

I'm sorry about your bleeding - it is so frustrating isnt it - I hope your body settles down soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back