Miserable...

Verity2011

Reaction score
Was meant to be going back home to visit family up in Scotland today. It's a 7 hour journey and have been quite worried about being uncomfortable and in pain with my hips and ribcage. I've checked with national rail and the specific rail company three times now and they told me that if I couldn't sit comfortably in standard class as long as there were seats available I could sit in a 1st class seat. I checked this again before I got on the train this morning but when the conductor came round he told me I had to go. So I said what I'd been told and he refused to believe me and then when I asked to pay to upgrade, he refused to let me and grabbed all my bags and marched me to a seat in a carriage where the door was broken so it was freezing and at the front so everyone kept falling into me. He then proceeded to tell me that no one cared I was pregnant and when I asked for tge customer services number took 30 minutes to give it to me. When I phoned them and told them how much pain I was in by this point all they said is that it was at the conductors discretion and they could only log a complaint. I was crying because I was so uncomfortable by this point and told them if they wouldn't speak to the conductor I would have to get off the train whch they didn't care about. Ended up getting off at York and having to spend £90 on a 2 hour journey to get me back to London. I miss my family and won't see them now until well after Christmas, I'm in so much pain with my ribs and hips, and can't stop crying at how I've been treated. I never would have attempted to travel if I knew this is what would happen... So upset, at least cub is wriggling and cheering me up. Sorry for the rant xxxxx

omg that's really terrible!! You should write a letter or an email of complaint. It's all very well the customer services advisor telling you that it's at the conductors discretion but you had already been told, more than once, that it would be ok! Don't suppose u got the name of any of the people who had previously told you it would be ok?
So sorry your feeling down, you had a really sh*tty time and i don't blame you for getting upset. Hope you start to feel a bit better hun xxx

Thanks dee. Luckily I have all the names and times of the phonecalls so when I get home I can pass them on and they have no comeback to that. Still waiting to get off this train back and feeling very unwell now but I think from
worrying about everything and being upset. Set off at 9 this morning and won't get back to where I started from
until 4 thanks to this train being delayed! Wish i stayed in bed!

Wow! That is absolutely disgusting!! I'm sorry you feel so unwell and I hope you feel better soon!!

Xx

Im shocked at how terrible that is...

I suggest you write a complaint and at the least they should be refunding your tickets as you bought them under false pretense that you were able to move seats!

Im gutted you cant see your family, im sure you explained it in an old thread but can they not get to you?

I done a trip to birmingham two weekends ago to see family and i was so thankful i felt fine drove there and back with no stops. but i dont have problems with my hips or SPD and its only the last couple of days he feels so high and is giving me problems with my ribs.

Hopefully you will be home soon though

xx

I think you need to write a letter to someone higher up! That's absolutely disgusting treatment :(! Hope youre ok xxxxxxx

Yeah I would be writing to complain :hug:
What a horrible experience for you - sounds like they need to buck up their ideas big time x

Thanks so much ladies - it makes me feel better as well to know I'm not just overreacting from hormones as that was the distinct impression the conductor wanted to give me. Finally got home at 4.30 and ended up collapsing into bed. Just woke up now but DH has already started a complaints procedure with them - he was very very angry.

My sisters can't visit as they've all got such large families now it costs a lot for them to come and they're saving so they can visit after the little one comes along - which I understand. Only problem with being the baby of the family. My Mum didn't have any holidays left as she's got to take time off for my eldest sisters c-section next week and is saving the rest for me and cub in Feb. But after hearing how upset I was and what happened today my dad has filed a complaint and wants to find the train conductor to have a stern talking to and my mum has booked some unpaid leave to come be with me before Christmas so that's cheered me up a lot too.

Thanks for being so supportive ladies - I think I literally would have just thrown a massive wobbler in the middle of York station if I didn't have all of you!

Wow, that is horrible! Definitely write a letter of complaint. I hope you're feeling better! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back