33 Weeks Antenatal Appointment

wend

Reaction score
Well i went to my 33 week check up at the antenatal clinic yesterday.

First i went for my scan and i was soooooo glad to see my lil princess again.

They checked her growth cause with me been diabetic i have to have growth scans every month but now its changed to every fortnight as well as seeing the consultants .

They told me she was already weighing in at nearly 6 lbs and that everything else was fine .

Then i had to wait hours to see the consultants and the diabetic team :wall: finally after 2 hours of waiting i was shouted in .

They checked my bloods and told me i was slightly anemic and that my blood pressure was raised slightly they prescribed me with some iron stuff which is a liquid and told me if my blood pressure dont go down they will prescribe me with some tablets.

All in all they were happy with me but told me that my appointments have now changed and instead of me seeing them every month i will go on to see them every fortnight for a month and in the last so many weeks if they havent induced me by then my appointments will change again to every week.

I asked about my hospital visit and they informed me ithey have stopped doing them now :cry: :cry:

I was hoping they still did them has i feel abit uncomfortable about the labour and i was hoping that seeing the hospital would calm my nerves .

I did have a scan but i wont post it as it isnt very clear it was that bad they refused to allow me to pay for it .

glad everything alright.

i got my antenatal appt next week for 33weeks, its my second anti d.

gosh cant beleive its so close to giving birth :shock:

Glad to read everything generally went ok for you Wend. Shame you had to wait about so long and also bad news about the hospital tour. :( I found mine really helpful. Did they say why they'd stopped doing them?

Did you find out from the scan how big your baby is now? I have another growth scan on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing LO again but most of all seeing the estimated weight. :) I'm a bit concerned he'll be huge coz my GP thinks I'm measuring 41 weeks!

:hug:

Sabrina said:
Did they say why they'd stopped doing them?

Did you find out from the scan how big your baby is now?
:hug:

No they never bothered to tell me why they had stopped doing them i know they did them 8 months ago when sil was pregnant .

I was really hoping that this visit would put my mind at easy but no they dont do them ill have to find another way lol.

They weighted baby at nearly 6lbs at 32 weeks and 5 days i have another appointment with them not this monday coming next , although i have another appointment with my MW next monday but she always measure babys weight wrong lol think scans on the closest .

Like you im abit worried about babys weight because its got to come out lol :rotfl: try not to worry hun it wll be worth it in the end .

GOOD LUCK with ya scan and you will have to update me on little one :hug: :D

I hoep everything is ok with the baby wend and it doesnt get too big for you to deliever naturally

Thanks Wend :hug: I'll try to remember to post about the scan on Friday. At my 32 week scan LO was estimated at 4.5lbs. That didn't seem so bad but what with the doc keep saying I'm "big for dates" I am getting a little anxious he'll be 9lb+ at birth.

It doesn't help when OH's grandad guessed the baby's birth weight will be over 10lbs! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back