Milky milky

flisstebbs

Reaction score
I went to see a friend yesterday who is undergoing IVF (implantation today - :dance:), she showed me the list of things she is meant to do and not do and most of them are obvious but some of the dietary stuff was surprising to me. Most surprising was the amount of milk she is meant to drink daily - at least 1L semi-skimmed :shock:. That and a high protein content diet she was told makes the eggs good quality.

Does anyone know if its worth trying to stick to something like this ttc naturally? To keep me grounded in my current tww, I'm looking at strategies incase this isn't our month... Not sure I could manage this much milk though!!

The book and diet that I have been reading up on, called The Fertility Diet which is a very interesting read, funnily enough says two of the most important diet changes for ovulation and improved fertility is related to protein and dairy products. It is a comprehensive study of nurses in their ttc journey. It advocates increasing plant protein (reducing meat) and having at least 1 serving of full fat dairy a day improves fertlity. This is interesting to me that someone having IVF has been kind of told this too. I reckon theres something in it and worth a try.

There are 10 strategies in total of The Fertility diet and the more you follow the better. The dairy one is certainly one I don't adhere to but may give it a try. Definetly does state full fat mind you which is what puts me off as I actually love full fat yoghurt etc but its high in WW (follow WW too)points and I grudge giving it.

Interesting!

Definetly does state full fat mind you which is what puts me off as I actually love full fat yoghurt etc but its high in WW (follow WW too)points and I grudge giving it.

Interesting!

Defo she was told semi skimmed better by the private clinic she went to (Woking Nuffield).... I agree, I can't afford the calories in full fat dairy either.

Thanks Laura, if AF shows her miserable witch face in a weeks time, that will be my new strategy to try!!

Scotch Egg hd been trying this with her IVF (sure she won't mind me saying), so I'm trying it too with mine, althougth when I asked the clinic about diet last week, they said don't google ivf diet, for silly ideas, just everything in moderation as normal, it's a shame theres not more definate and consistent advice for the whole uk.

But I'm still giving it a try, I don't mind more fats for a short term, so I'm drinking semi skimmed (I normally drink skimmed). I have not quite got to 1 L a day, but have two tall glasses, one first thing and one at night. I have to say Iv'e got quite used to it and it's yummmm. (have to say I've been more full up!)

I think it's def worth a try for ttc, it can't hurt - good luck

Last edited:
i really struggle to drink milk i really dont like it but do try to get some down me but i prob dont even manage a full glass a day never mind 1L . i must try make my self drink more xx

I never stuck to any diet requirements in fact my clinic ( care ) never said anything. I had twin boys on our second attempt!

I guess its like everything we do in the ttc game - give it a try as it gives each cycle some new focus. I just like to have a reserve plan incase, its not being negative, I am feeling very positive this month, but its nice to have a plan b.

IKWYM Hayels, I struggle to drink 2l a week let alone 1l a day! Wonder if it works if you dump Nesquick in it??!!

I have been told that a high protein diet is recommended when undergoing ivf, and also to drink loads of water as well. If you dont like milk you could try making a milkshake or have warm milk and honey, add extra milk to your cereal or make a hot chocolate using hot milk xx

I wouldn't bother with protein so much for natural ttc, it is for growth and repair.

Just make sure you are hydrated and getting enough Folic acid and iron. Broad spectrum supplements will tick any other boxes.

Like Vicky said, high protein is for women undergoing IVF because we need to produce several follicles and the tissues will need a lot of development and repair to be happening xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back