adult milk

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Hi All
I was wondering if you could answer me something.

I ONLY ever have skimmed milk. hate the taste of the rest. My manager was under the impression i should be having at least semi. Does anyone else no anything about this?

X

nope you can have skimmed milk, the only difference is semi-skimmed or full fat contains fat which you probably getting enough of anyway :) I think you need about 4 glasses of skimed milk a day to get enough Vit D and Calcium

xx

Oooops nobody told me i should be drinking all that milk. i just have it in my cups of tea. Maybe i should start drinking some, gone half way and not drank any

I'm not sure how much we have to drink but there's certainly no harm in drinking a bit extra! I prefer skimmed milk too and i'm sure it's actually better for us as less fat in it yet the same amount of calcium.

As Geordielass said, your due dates near ours, PM me if you want my mob number to keep in touch :)

Id defo start drinking milk 1sstimemum i drink a lot of tea but i found out the calcium and vitamin d is diluted buy the tea so dosnt count.
I love a cold glass of milk
you could get your calcium from other sources
Other dairy foods cheese, yoghuts
Wholemeal bread, cereals,soya flour, backed beans, sesame seed,s dried figs and apricots, chick peas, spinach, french beans, parsely, kale, broccoli. So if you dont wont to drink to much milk then try these

i have a real bad thing for milk and yogurtsd at the mo!!!

all i can say is that im thankful for healthy start vouchers keeps me in my cravings for free haha!!!

These babies are going to come out with mega strong bones!!!!!!!

I can't stand milk but I eat cheese and yoghurts

tattybear85 said:
i have a real bad thing for milk and yogurtsd at the mo!!!

all i can say is that im thankful for healthy start vouchers keeps me in my cravings for free haha!!!

These babies are going to come out with mega strong bones!!!!!!!

I dont think im entitled to these. do you have to already have been claiming some sort of benefit to get them?

X

I hate milk, it mings. However I think I get enough nutrients (like lard :rotfl: ) from cheese.

I LOVE YOGHURT it's the only thing i haven't gone off of once during pregnancy! Even the plain stuff, mmmm, yummy with peaches or nanas (bananas). mmmmmm

i was told by the docter at 7 weeks to have about a pint of milk a day, which thak goodness i love but also have youghurt and chedder cheese.

Sandi

BabyBee, me too. Natural yoghurt with plum jam has to be one of the most gorgeous foods in the world, but none of that low fat crap.

Why did you mention cheese?

Will have to go and get another babybel now to curb the craving :D

As for the milk thing i have semi skimmed on my big bowl of cereal every morning.

We have skimmed milk too, i also cant stand the taste of other milk

I normally love skimmed milk and find the others too rich, but since being pg I've found it too watery and gone onto semi skimmed!

I'm drinking loads of milk at the moment, can't get enough of the stuff. Also got a big thing for Angel delight.

muppetmummy
OOHH ANGEL DELIGHT YUMMY!
Now i wont some now
Actualy i wont a caburys cream egg to dip in the angel delight
oh dear :roll: :wink:
i will not go to the petrol station down the road and buy some I WILL RESIST :rotfl:

In our fridge we have skimmed, semi-skimmed and whole milk :rotfl: I prefer whole milk, OH prefers skimmed so normally we comprimise and get semi-skimmed. But he took to getting skimmed too. And today I really wanted a lovely cold glass or two of whole milk.
Maybe what we need is a cow :rotfl:
My Angel Delight tip for everyone - when having people round for dinner, for a quick pudding that everyone will love make chocolate Angel Delight and pour it into ramicans to set. Then grate on some chocolate. Present it as home made chocolate mousse :D I prefer butterscotch but if you use it people realise it's Angel Delight.

You cheat Kalia :shock: :rotfl:

If people come round for dinner at mine they don't get anything as posh as ramekins :rotfl:

I loved milk before i was PG but I've went from semi-skimmed to full milk as I just felt that semi-skimmed had such a funny taste to it. My OH is delighted as he always had fatty milk (as I like to call it) when he lived with his parents but I refused to buy it when we moved in last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back