ADULT MILK

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Hi All
I was wondering if you could answer me something.

I ONLY ever have skimmed milk. hate the taste of the rest. My manager was under the impression i should be having at least semi. Does anyone else no anything about this?

X

:rotfl: I have semi skimmed... I really don't think I could stomach full fat its like drinking cream!!!! :puke:

Lol. i cant be doing with any of them, semi taste foul to me lol

Hi

I think its perfectly fine when my sister was preg she hates milk , so she drank skim milk but even that we were lucky to get a gloass down her in a day and she used to mix it with chocolate powder :lol:
But the doc did say it does not matter what % just that its milk!! and she gets her calcium . :)
Katrina

skimmed milk is just milk for people on a diet, isnt it? i hate skim milk, i love full fat!

Full fat milk doesn't have any more calcium in it than skimmed milk it just has more fat.

I only ever drink skimmed milk. Anything else tastes too creamy and makes me feel sick. Skimmed is fine so don't worry :D

Actually skimmed and semi skimmed milk have more calcium in them than full fat milk... and the current advice is that we should be drinking the semi or skimmed milk, especially women.

This is because the fat portion of milk does not contain the calcium, so when you remove the fat, and add an equal measure of skimmed milk, you end up with more calcium per serving than the full fat variety... :)

We go for the semi skimmed variety so that Tia gets a good source of fat and calcium... personally I won't drink milk... I think its NASTY :puke:

Thanks ladies, seems my manager was chatting a load of rubbish ay.

Ill try and drink some more though.

X

Squiglet said:
This is because the fat portion of milk does not contain the calcium, so when you remove the fat, and add an equal measure of skimmed milk, you end up with more calcium per serving than the full fat variety... :)

.....And that's why she's got that title under her name ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back