Milk tokens

kellie80

Reaction score
Anyone know if i will still get them or not cos i can't seem to find the answer. DH has just gone back to work after being unemployed but its only 22 hours a week and we are getting £80 a week child tax credit and £60 a week working tax credit. It says on there site that you can get them on CTC but not WTC. So will we get them? Also does anyone know if we will still get the £500 sure start grant? We do get the family element like it says but does that mean we will get the full £500. It's all so confusing. :?

It depends what you get a year hun. It sounds like you will if you get over a grand a year CTC.
I'm not sure about the milk tokens.

Yes kellie you will be entitled to the full £500 sure start maternity grant cause you get more than just the family element of child tax credit (you get the same as me and i got mine :D ). You wont get free milk anymore though that's just for people on income support and job seekers allowance,we used to get them till my oh went back to work :D xx

They cocked up with us, because DH lost his job a month before Lydia was born.....yet we only got £250 for her CTF.
Also it took them 6 months before they started giving us free milk tokens. They sent us a cheque for £40 in "backpayment for milk" though.
But now, DH has been working since July, yet we are still giving us free milk tokens.

Very bizarre!

I stopped Income support last August when I moved in with DF officially (claimed it while I was off sick preg with D, even though I stayed at DF's parents house veryday since January!) and still got milk tokens when I was pregnant til after Damien was born! Triued to cancel it about 4 times and they said it had to be done throug Jobcentre/Income support directly, they never listened though so I old them if they continue to send me them, I'll use them and they can't ask for them back! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back