Working tax credit!!

mookie

Reaction score
Does anyone get working tax credit?

Who's bank does it get paid to? Your's or OH's?

What does it get called when paid in?

Sorry for the questions but after speak to people about debt advice we worked out that we should have been getting Working tax credit for the last year!! We didn't get a penny because the system had DH down as unemployed ( not our cock up, it was the system). CCCS has worked out that we should get a rebate of about £2000, which would really help with the debt.

I had a payment of £180 go into my account yesterday listed as Child tax credit (normally get a payment on monday & isn't due until the end of the month). I have no idea if it's a CTC rebate or to do with the working tax credit, hence the questions above ^^^^

Thank you for any help xx

Might the payment be early as there is a bank holiday this month? X

I used to work for HMRC, was a tax officer but didn't have much experience with tax credits as they were done in a seperate office, but from what I do know. You tell them who you want the money paid to - either you or OH.

I take it from what you said that you currently get child tax credits - have you asked HMRC for a rebate yet for the working tax?

WTC normally shows on bank statement as WTC, not CTC as they're 2 totally different things.

The tax year runs from April to April each year, and at the end of each tax year and for the following months, you may get extra money that wasn't paid during the tax year. The £180 you mentioned will be for CTC that you weren't paid.

I suggest getting in touch with the tax credits helpline and telling them the situation, they will be able to tell you there and then where this extra payment came from, and also what you can do in regards to getting the WTC rebate.

Not sure about the situation with your OH being down as being unemployed, the tax credits system is the same system used for income tax. So I presume your OH wasn't paying tax? If he was and it wasn't on the system, he should send off wage slips/P60/bank statements to prove that he has been paying tax/national insurance. If he cant prove it, he probably wont be able to get the WTC rebate.

Hope that makes sense, it can all get quite complicated!

:)

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies!!

Littlemiss - thanks for the advice!! DH has been paying tax, we sent the tax credit pack off being of June and phone last monday as we hadn't heard anything only to be told that a letter was sent 6 weeks ago requesting more info as the system had DH down as unemployed and our case was priority. It's so confusing!!!

CCCS told us to challenge tax credit once they had made a decision about this year but we should have definately received WTC from April to April just gone.

I think we might phone on monday to double check everything

Thank you again for your help xx

Thanks Ladies!!

Littlemiss - thanks for the advice!! DH has been paying tax, we sent the tax credit pack off being of June and phone last monday as we hadn't heard anything only to be told that a letter was sent 6 weeks ago requesting more info as the system had DH down as unemployed and our case was priority. It's so confusing!!!

CCCS told us to challenge tax credit once they had made a decision about this year but we should have definately received WTC from April to April just gone.

I think we might phone on monday to double check everything

Thank you again for your help xx

I know how tricky it is, I get some tax credits too and its always been a right carry on getting the correct amount between my wages and OH's. Remember you can get a tax credit calculator on the HMRC website, this will show u exactly what your entitled to.

Suprisingly enough i've always found them quite helpful on the tax credits helpline - defo give them a wee call!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back