Milk strike?

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Becky has totally gone off her milk. She's had a stuffed up nose for weeks now and it's really affected her being able to drink so she's gone from taking 4 bottles of 7oz and finishing them to taking most of the morning and evening ones but none in between. We always give her milk before food but now she seems to have cottoned on to that and will push her bottle away while shaking her head "no". We're giving her plain yoghurt and milk in cereal/cooking etc as well as offering her milk in a cup with her meals so hopefully she'll get enough from that in addition to what milk she takes. She still eats solids like a horse.

Do you think she'll go back to it if it's just a phase following her being unwell?

Hiya,

Is it possible that she has just cut them out completely? Phoebe cut her mid afternoon bottle out, so she's now on only 2 bottles. 8oz in the morning and 8oz in the evening.

I always give her a large yoghurt, and / or a custard pot. So I'm sure she's getting her minimum.

She has increased her food intake quite a lot, so she's definitely full enough. Might be something to consider?

Maybe you could try 8oz bottles in the morn and eve...

:hug: :hug:

Lara's got some sound advice there... would also like to add that Flod (although younger) only now does 6oz morning, 4oz 3pm and 1oz 7pm!!

Part of it (in my opinion) could be the reflux thing too... I mean, given the choice between something that gives you pain and makes you chuck up and some nice yummy solids that don't, what would you go for? :rotfl:

debecca said:
Part of it (in my opinion) could be the reflux thing too... I mean, given the choice between something that gives you pain and makes you chuck up and some nice yummy solids that don't, what would you go for? :rotfl:

Exactly! Phoebe's not a lover of milk, never will be. She loves her yogs though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back