Is she eating enough?

Katarina

Reaction score
Hello :D
My little princess is nearly 7 months old now, she has been slowly weaning since she was 4 months.
She was in a really good routine of:
8AM - 7oz
10AM - half a weetabix with formula milk
12PM - 5oz
2PM - savoury food, about 2 icecubes in volume
4PM - 5oz
8PM - 7oz
everything was fine until about 3 weeks ago, now she is being very awkward and I don't know what to do!

She'll only have 3/4oz for her milk feeds and still eats her real food well.
Is this enough? Today I am going to try her on 3 meals with only 3 milk feeds to see if she would prefer to eat real food instead of milk.
What do you guys think?

Hi, not sure if you mean you are struggling with the milk or solid side of things?

Around the stage you are at I know I was struggling to get the milk/ food balance right (still tweaking it now :) )

I was concerned Evie wasn't getting enough milk as this is still where they get alot of nutrition from. When I mentioned it to the HV she said they should be on around 20oz of milk a day, this can include milk you use in cooking or making cereal etc.

Hope this helps :D

Sorry, I've never been good at explaining things :oops:

I'm worried because she used to have 24oz of milk per day along with 2 solid meals, now she has 12-16 and 2 solid meals, I can't persuade her to have more milk.
I was wondering if this was enough milk and if I should give her more solid food?

Thank you for helping! :D

I got told that they should be having (at that age) 20fl oz a day. However that includes the milk they get as part of there meals, so if they get milk in cereal for example that counts towards. I had the opposite problem at that age, my HV told me she should be having more solids and less milk. It is far easier said than done though, isn't it.

To be honest that sounds pretty much the same as Evie was taking at 7months - I could never really see how much milk she was getting as I BF.

If you are worried you could try upping her milk slightly by adding it to food, I used to just stick it in with anything, mashed vegetables, making cheesy sauces, cereal etc.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back